• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleye mount

Bryman084

I managed to pull out a 29" walleye 2 weeks ago. (February 23rd at 5:30 a.m. but whos keeping track?). It came out of the Chisago area, thats all im saying! My question is, where is a good place to bring it that does quality work? I have plenty of time to wait getting it back. I just dont want any hack jobs.

Im sure this subject has been posted all the time but I cant find anything.

I also had the same question about a month ago. I was recommended Scott Miller from Prescott Wisconsin. After looking at his displays in his shop there wasn't a question in my mind where I was bringing my 29inch eye. He doesn't use fre-fab molds and hand carves all his to exactly what your fish looks like...which was a huge selling point for me. If you need directions, just google him and you'll get address / phone number. My suggestion is go there with your fish and leave it in your vehicle. Walk in take a look at his displays if your happy get your fish if your not no harm done. His going rate is $10 an inch.

Barry Peterson is close by to coon rapids, his shop is in Lino Lakes. He has mounts in the Gander at Forest lake and has mounted a couple eyes and panfish for me. Does a nice job on deer as well.

Tunrevir~

theres a shop in North Branch called Wild America Tom is a great guy and will treat you right. i recently brought 2 walleyes and a crappie in to him. he did an awesome job, much better than i had expected, and the turn around was great. i would highly recommend him.

i just noticed you're in Coon Rapids? I had a guy in coon rapids do a bear skin rug for me a few years ago, Scott Ingberg. haven't had him do anything but the rug, but he did a really nice job..

[Note from admin: edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

I have used North Country Taxidermy for all of my mounts. He does a great job and is even close to home for you as he does it out of his home (converted garage into studio). It's off of Coon Creek Blvd. in Coon Rapids. He actually has a tiger muskie of mine from last summer that I couldn't get revived after an hour of trying in the water, but since it was a trophy, that's what I had to do. He does take a while (10-11 months or so), but that's what you get if you use a great taxidermist. I don't have his number off hand, but you can find it online or it the white pages online I believe. His name is Rick by the way.

Alright im getting closer to getting a picture up! When i post it on here its huge and have to scroll to see everything. On photobucket i have the size set to 320x240. What am i doing wrong??

Open the pic in paint, click on image, click on resize/skew, then on the resize percentages put in 20% for both horizontal and vertical. This should shrink the file size to around 60 kb but is still plenty big enough to see, at least thats what mine ends up being with my cameras original file size. Then upload it to photobucket and away you go. I'm sure there are other ways to do it, thats just what I do.

I guess for what it's worth too I'll say I had a 30.5 incher done last year and was not as happy with it as I would have liked. I think if you can get a taxidermist that carves their own manicans to exactly what size your fish is, I would do that. Mine looks okay, but has a wierd bend before the tail I think due to the form not being exactly the right size. Paint job means a lot but you want the body shape to be exact also.

Maybe I should retreat for a moment. There may be more than one North Country Taxidermy.

I am very fussy about this. The only thing I can tell you is go to Artistic Anglers. Are you having a skin mount of replica!!!

Matt does both. Get back to me and maybe I can help with how about to do things. Go through Thorne Bros. and you will save on shipping costs.

You will not be disappointed!!!! grin.gif

Like I mentioned earlier I have 3 fish (replicas) done by them.

[Note from admin: edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]