• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Are you smarter than a fifth grader

Jim Uran

Okay, there are 7 girls with 7 backpacks each, so there's 49 backpacks total.

Each backpack has 7 big cats, so there's 49x7 = 343 big cats.

For every 7 big cats there's 7 little cats which is the same as saying for every backpack there are 7 little cats. Since there's 49 backpacks and 7 little cats per backpack, 49x7 = 343 little cats.

Each girl has 2 legs.

Total number of legs:

(343x4) + (343x4) + (7x2) = 2,758total legs without the bus driver. With a bus driver, there are 2,760 total legs.

Mind you.....this all is based on the girls having their backpacks along on the bus! If they don't have their backpacks on the bus with them, then there's 14 legs total (16 with bus driver). The original post doesn't SPECIFICALLY say that each girl brought their backpack on the bus with them, so I'm going with 16 total legs on the bus assuming there's a bus driver on the bus too.

Change that.....I'm going with 14 legs total on the bus! Leechbait doesn't specifically say there's a bus driver on the bus, so I'm going to assume there isn't one.

Specifics, specifics, specifics!!!! \:\)

i have 1582 as well

In each Back PAck there is 7 big cats

For every 7 big cats there is 7 little cats

so in each back pack there are 8 cats(1 big + 7 little) = 32 legs

Each girl has 7 back packs

7 x 32 = 224

There are 7 girls on a bus = 14 legs

224 x 7 = 1568

1568+14 = 1582

Well 10,990 was correct. I got this in an email, it got me the first try and than I had to really think about it. THe title of the email was Are you smarter than a fifth grader so I figured I'd post it as such.

7 girls= 14 legs

the 7 girls had 7 back packs each with 7 big cats is 49 big cats per girl which would mean there would be 343 big cats and they would have 1,372 legs among all of big cats.

and for every big cat there are 7 little cats which would make 2,401 little cats which would have 9,604 legs

Originally Posted By: eyepatrol
Okay, there are 7 girls with 7 backpacks, so there's 49 backpacks total.

Each backpack has 7 big cats, so there's 49x7 = 343 big cats.

For every 7 big cats there's 7 little cats which is the same as saying for every backpack there are 7 little cats. Since there's 49 backpacks and 7 little cats per backpack, 49x7 = 343 little cats.

Each girl has 2 legs.

Total number of legs:

(343x4) + (343x4) + (7x2) = 2,758total legs without the bus driver. With a bus driver, there are 2,760 total legs.

Mind you.....this all is based on the girls having their backpacks along on the bus! If they don't have their backpacks on the bus with them, then there's 14 legs total (16 with bus driver). The original post doesn't SPECIFICALLY say that each girl brought their backpack on the bus with them, so I'm going with 16 total legs on the bus assuming there's a bus driver on the bus too.

Right on!

I'm going with dude!

Trick question, similiar to the one in Die Hard movie...

As I was going to St. Ives, I met a man with 7 wives, every wife had 7 sacks and every sack had seven cats. Cats, sacks and wives, how many were going to St. Ives?

Answer of course is 1

As I was going to St. Ives, everybody else was coming the other way.

Windy

My only question is.... How does this 'girl' carry 7 backpacks and 343 cats ??? She'd be strong enough to pull her own permanant around the lake by my conclusions. Hate to have to mess with her in a battle.... lol

Yeah! She wouldn't be any gf or wife of mine! eek.gif\:D

Don't fret leechbait. I was teasing ya. ;\) It was a fun excercise to do though. Tried it on my wife and a couple co-workers and they came up with some pretty weird numbers. Good thing I'm the one who balances the checkbook at home! \:Dgrin.gifwhistle.gif