• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Online Poker?

hoggs222

I like to see the whites of their eyes, unless they are wearing shades, which in that case I know I can outplay them. Shades are for amatures! Don't mess with the online stuff, too tempting and I have heard of guys tag teaming on computers but you can do the same thing live with hand signals. If you stick to the low stakes games you won't find many cheaters out there. Not much money cheating in a $2-4 or $3-6 game.

Windy

I played for real money in PokerRoom until they shut out U.S. players. By 'real money' I mean about $50 per year. I would play in the $5 buy-in, 10? player games where everyone would get 2000 chips for their buy-in.

If you just sit still for the first 10 minutes, you're odds are greatly increased of walking out with some money. Some real goofs in the lower $ games. Several might decide to go 'all in' during the 1st or 2nd hands. It clears the table pretty fast and you'll be left with 4 or 5 real players. I often walked away in 3rd place by just biding my time.

Havent played at all since Pokeroom shut down. Where are people playing pay poker?

I used to play on pokerstars, for 50-100 bucks a year, then they shut that stuff down... I really enjoyed it, it kept me from watching all the retarded TV there is out there now, and out of the bars. Well, I guess the biggest loser and the ultimate sports bar are going to be good enough until Obama reverses that stupid law Bush laid down.

I play online with Pokerstars and stick with the Sit N Go tournes with the low buy in and payouts. You can still work on your game a little bit for the real thing while eliminating the cheats who are playing bigger stakes games.

Hoggs, as I understand it, unless you give an address of your location of the UK or Brazil or something, you cannot get past the page to link an account to real money. If, you were to come across a lucky streak and win 1000 bucks and want to cash out, a bogus account/ info would make you unable to collect said cash.... correct? I would love to play for real cash again, but not if the payout is imaginary

Originally Posted By: The Donk
Hoggs, as I understand it, unless you give an address of your location of the UK or Brazil or something, you cannot get past the page to link an account to real money. If, you were to come across a lucky streak and win 1000 bucks and want to cash out, a bogus account/ info would make you unable to collect said cash.... correct? I would love to play for real cash again, but not if the payout is imaginary

I play for real money on PokerStars and FullTilt all the time. Fulltilt I give someone cash and they transfer it to my acct, and PokerStars I do the ECheck with no problems. Can't do credit cards anymore, the CC companies will deny any charges due to the laws. I play in a league and one of the fellow players is a deputy sheriff and I asked him about playing online for real money and the laws. He basically said they have better things to do than enforce a guy sticking $100 on there every year. If you know any of the pros, go on FullTilt, Phil Ivey, Mike Matusow, Erick Lindgren and a few other are on there every night with a minimum of $10,000 in front of them. If I ever get busted for putting $25 on there, I will be very upset when theres pros on there putting up hundreds of thousands.

Anyone read the story in the Strib recently about the young guy that plays online full time?

I think he's from Winona and considered one of the top players.

Plays all these tables at the same time!

2pokerguy0103.jpg

Originally Posted By: dtro
Anyone read the story in the Strib recently about the young guy that plays online full time?

I think he's from Winona and considered one of the top players.

Plays all these tables at the same time!

2pokerguy0103.jpg

Sounds like someone never took him fishing when he was little

Thanks for the info zamboni, I will have to look into the work-arounds. Yea, I read that article, if I remember right, he makes on avg. like 3000-4000 a day??? He loses some big ones, but wins some too... His parents weren't too happy he dropped out of college to do this, but for 200k/year, they can't say much! cool.gif

I play all the time in Pokerstars. I play with play money and get good practice. I am playing right now grin.gif.

I heard on AM 1500 when that kid was interviewed on the morning show. I can play a couple tables at once, but not that many. Once you learn how to play on-line poker, find a fast table and a full table of good players, it starts to become second nature. Basically, right after you are passed on the table, you can pre-select what you are going to do the next time you turn is up. Click the button you want, go to the other table and check the button you want and come back to see what the first table is doing. Since the player is not right in front of you, you have to learn how to find out an on-line bluffer and I am learning that better every week. It good practice for real life poker, IMO.

Add in playing a couple tables and checking FM every couple minutes. Thats when things speed up.

I was up over a 1,000,000 chips last week, but lost it all to a four of a kind hand; with my full house A’s full of K’. Go figure, you go 4 weeks playing all the time and see maybe one four of kind hand, then I get see one when I have one of the best full house hands you can have. Sucks. I am building back up again.

I have found I get the best hands on Monday.

I play almost every night on Full Tilt. Once a week I head to Canterbury. I also have accounts at Absolute and UB.

I have played online for over 7 years. Back in the good old days, you could really make a killing. There is still money to be made, but it is much tougher.

Originally Posted By: Sandmannd
Hey shack, I'm on there. You know how to search for a player. I'm sandmannd on it.

Yeah, look for me too fellas- MINNTWINS33 Id love to play with you guys sometime