• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another Auger option???

McGurk

I was on a lake in Aitkin county this last weekend and saw an auger that was very different than the big 4 talked about around here. It was orange like a Husqvarna and had segmented flighting. It ran like a r@ped ape at a higher than normal rpm and seemed to really throw the shavings. After he had finished a couple of holes I walked over and asked him about it, and he said it was a Kluge(?), and they had just started making them again. He had one back in '64 and hadn't seen them since his initial one. He had a SM that he wasn't happy with and returned it, telling the salesman that wished he could buy a Kluge again. The salesman heard they were making them again and found a number for him.

It had a 3 1/2 hp head, bicycle style handles, and a composite auger with 2 chipper blades and a 2 edged chipper point. It looks like they are not very cheap, but you can get 2 different heads and up to a 12" auger with the big head. But it looks like you could get at least 2 of any other auger on the market for the price of 1 of these.

Discuss amongst yourselves...

Good info McGurk! The blade safety cover looks like it would double as a catch bucket to haul your fish home with..

MODEL BOSS 53-12C BOSS 53 POWER HEAD WITH 12 INCH

COMMERCIAL DRILL PRICE $1295.00

NOTE: FOR EMERGENCY SERVICES ONLY

Wonder what sort of emergency would require a 12" hole?

Makes the Nils look very affordable...

LB

$900 for a Husqvarna; that's a lot of coin for a 1.2 hp 8" ice auger. I'd love to see that and the Kluge in action, along side the SM's, Jiffy's, Eskimo's, and Nils'. Anyone feel like resurrecting the Ice Auger World Championships? Unfortunatly, Global Warming has stopped it from happening the last couple of years. ;\)grin.gif

I bought the 8" icegator and Love it before you can start your jiffy (cold) Ill have the hole drilled! best investment to date customer service is great! plus they check on ya too Im using a 8" lazer hand auger on it and the other day I was within 1" of the powerhead when it broke thru the ice Jan 31 of this year went on a major icefishing trip with 30 other people and myself and another guy had the icegators he told me outta the 3 days of fishing he had personally drilled 70+ holes I may have drilled 30+ and neather needed a recharge till we got home Plus when I asked on line about an auger extention for my lazer hand auger the company contacted me and they will be fabing a longer adapter for me dont know the price of it yet but was told "we'll work something out" as I wanted to pay for it then. they care about thier clients for sure! Told them no rush as the season is over the 15th of march for me anyway

Ever had the president or ceo from jiffy call to see if your happy??

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Yes,

we tried the Ice Gator this past weekend.

Talk about a cutting machine. This baby is ideal with the Nils shaft and blade inside a fish house it's push the button and you're off to the races (has reverse to push the ice shavings back down the hole). No fumes from this battery powered auger head. It's a bit heavy for run and gun but we were using the two battery system. Not sure how light the One battery system is. Priced right too.

My brother does not want to give up the Ice Gator auger head, Nils shaft system. It's push the button and you are through 30" of ice even faster than you are with the regular Nils auger.

Again, if you are in a permanent shack this baby is the real deal.

The Icegator auger sounds like an auger I need to try out before the ice is gone. Always looking for a easier way to go fishing and cutting holes can be a job.

With the Icegator cutting holes in a house that fast, she should be good with no exhuast.

Originally Posted By: harvey lee
The Icegator auger sounds like an auger I need to try out before the ice is gone. Always looking for a easier way to go fishing and cutting holes can be a job.

With the Icegator cutting holes in a house that fast, she should be good with no exhuast.

you will find it is a great piece of equipmentquicker than most gas augers and will adapt to any auger blade that you already have 8" and below get the size you need and also plan on extentions when ya drill I know Im looking for one now for my lazer 8" hand auger shaving blade types outdoo the chipper blades Im told

How much does the Gator weigh? I am looking for to upgrade from my hand auger. I do a fair amount of running and gunning, so if it is really heavy it might not be an option for me. Although, I wouldn't have to bring a gas can along either.

Seems like a great option for the perm fishers out there, but I am curious as to how it would fare a portable guy like myself. Thanks.