• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

polaris belts

schmidty

Not picking on any brand, but I haven't seen a factory or extended warranty ever hold up. The long warranty AC and Can Am offer are void in my eyes. They may be good warranties, I don't know, but it's not a selling point to me. I normally buy my machine and do what I want with it and fix it myself. I have taken in many machines for warranty only to foot the bill before I get it back.

On the other hand, just like vehicles, your warranty is only as good as your dealer. I may have just had bad service at certain dealers.

For a belt, I wouldn't waste the time. You can probably buy one for under $50 and install it yourself. While you're in there you can clean it out and possibly find what the problem was. It's probably cheaper and less hassle than running it to the dealer for a run-around. JMO

Any questions, I'm sure someone here can help you out.

Polaris factory customer service is weak at best.

I couldn't of said it any better myself! It's great to have a warranty, but when it comes down to using it and the dealer tells you that polaris won't cover this or that, buy something else.

I guess I will be the first to dissagree about Polaris "weak service". I have had a belt replaced for free (because of a squeek). I have dealt with a couple different dealers, and by far, one of them stands out as being much better than the other...so it may be the dealers that are giving you guys a poor experience. All I know is that I have had good experiences with Vetter Sales and Service in Kasota regarding warrantee work, and customer service.

Dustin

It is a bonus to have a good dealer. There are some dealers out there that think that after the purchase, their job is done! If you think that contacting polaris directly will do you any good, well "Think Again" !

You might get a replacement belt on a almost new machine, but with a 3 year old machine and a few hundred miles, even the best belt warranty won't cover that, way to many rider variables. Generally if your belt is bad after that few of miles you need to drive in low more often, if there's any doubt shift into low. Slow woods riding, mudholes are belt killers in high range. I would only replace with another polaris belt, the aftermarket ones don't seem to hold up. I'd pick up a new cover gasket also, the $6-$8 is money well spent, sometimes the old one doesn't re-seat well and can cause leaks. I'm sure others will argue that but I don't like to fix things twice. We usually only ever hear about the "bad" dealers, Vetter(good people)used to sponsor my cousin when he raced Polaris sleds. I generally have the best luck with the "smaller" dealers whether its vehicles or play toys.

I have good and bad experiences with Polaris dealers, I now stick with who has treated me best.

As for the belts, I have never had an issue, but asking for a lifetime warranty on a belt is a little bit much to ask for from a manufacture in my opinion.

I had mine break and it was covered under warranty. Found out I needed to always drive it in low if I was towing stuff even light stuff because at low speeds there is not uniform tension on the belt or something.

Someone take a dump in some of your guys cheerios or something?

Far from my favorite. I just reference them sometimes because they have a good HSOforum.

They seem to think they are really great there. I just emailed them for a quote and was not happy with some of the things they said.