• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any Dyson Owners?

zamboni

I know vacuum cleaners aren't really entertainment, but most of you all know your stuff, and was wondering about Dysons. I want to get my wife one, but as spendy as they are, I want to make sure it's worth the $$$

We've had good luck with ours and we've been using it for about 4 years now. My wife also bought one for my old fraternity 4 years ago those boys haven't been able to destroy it yet. They are kind of a pain on the stairs though, but no worse than any other upright.

We owned a Dyson a few years back. It was great for the 1st year and then got progressively less efficient. One thing it did do phenomenally well, was removing the cat fur off our furniture. We also subscribe to Consumer Reports and bought the Hoover Windtunnel after our disappointing Dyson purchase since it was rated quite high at the time (and still is, I believe). One more thing, I'd like to add though, I think that most vacuums work very well in the beginning and then become less efficient over time.

Our Dyson "Animal" is the same way. The first year, wow. The following two years, it has gotten somewhat less. But, I would say without hesitation, that even in the latter stages, it is an incredible machine. My other theory is that it cleans your carpets so well, that there is just less dirt there, therefore giving you a false reading on the suction power. BTW, I do all the vacuuming at home and I picked this one out. Great machine.

Originally Posted By: LisaTealz
I find it funny that this post is in the "Entertainment" section!

The Dyson DOES come in great colors tho and with the see-thru container, it was quite "entertaining"!

Didn't know where to put it- forgot about the EXPERT forum