• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Package recommendations?

Rick

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I agree wholeheartedly with the posts above.

We also need to throw in McQuoid's.

For full service, they are hard to beat.

They can be found in the "Resort Locator" link above under Mille Lacs.

One more question - I guess there's two... one on Oak Island and one in Baudette. Is it worth the drive to go to Oak Island for "better fishing"?

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Sportsman's is pretty good as well.

It's a large set-up and can get very busy. They do have a full service set-up.

They all offer something a little different for your experience. It depends on what you like in a full service set-up.

Hi! I'm hoping to book a trip for my husband in January (who, being new to MN has never ice-fished). Does anyone have any recommendations for resorts that offer full-service ice fishing packages? It'll be for four guys and the preferred location would be towards/in Northern MN (Rainy Lake area?)...
THANKS!

Only send them to Woody's if they are expecting to have the trip of a lifetime!!! I was at Woody's for the first time at the first fm tourney this year, and all I have to say about Woody's is AWESOME!!!!! You will be treated as a friend, and you will laugh the entire weekend! He has a great set up!

Sportsmans does now have a lodge on oak island, I believe they bought out bonnie braes resort if Im not mistaken. I stayed there a couple years ago and I thought it was a very nice place to stay and if the owner was very hospitable. Sunset lodge was a pretty good resort also on the other side of the island, as I am not sure what the new sportsmans is like I would reccomend sunset lodge.

I will throw in a plug for Schusters resort out of Baudette on LOW. Top notch all the way. Great people and they keep you on the fish as well or better than the rest of them up there. I don't see much sense in going all the way to Oak Island in January. The fishing is plemty good within a few miles of shore at that time.

No way to Schusters! Major thumbs down! Try Woody. As good as the other guides that he employs are, stick with Woody himself. He's a nut. and Rainy is isolated, quiet, beautiful, and has an amazing mixed bag of fish.