• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Post Your 07'-08' Picture Here!!!!!

Central Bassman

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: GoggleEye
Awesome Pics Bassman. I wish we would get snow like that here in central MN!!

GE

Yea i second that, If you guys have never had the chance to go out west i would go. This year was my first year out west and i will be going back for sure. It a lot of fun \:\)

Originally Posted By: Central Bassman
If you guys have never had the chance to go out west i would go. This year was my first year out west and i will be going back for sure.

Tell me about it...it'll make you think twice about riding around here....

You guys have to get out there in late March or sometime in April, you have almost nobody out there and if you happen to hit it right, you've got the whole country to yourself with great riding conditions! In 2003 we were at Cooke City April 18th, we were the ONLY ones there for 2 days riding on 18" of fresh powder, it was awesome. It's hard to get people to think about going riding in April when it can be 50 or 60 degrees but if you can swing it GO !!!

Heres a link to a slide show from April 22nd 2006 once again, just us and the Yamaha guys out runnin' sleds.

Anyway, figured I would share some pics from our trip last week. 9 of us left Feb 15th for the Snowy Range in Wy. with the destination being Buffalo Pass Colorado for a few days and then onto Cooke City Montana for the finale. We arrived at the Snowies late morning and it was snowing and storming pretty bad up top so we pulled the pin after a couple hours or so, couldn't see very far. The road up there looked like this for about 2 miles !

snowyrigs.jpg

We stayed in Walden for the next 4 days, rode some of the areas where we Elk hunt, saw about 50 head of Elk, that was cool. Guess there were about 300 outside of town.

garyjumping.jpg

havinfun.jpg

crossingcreek.jpg

deep.jpg

jimmy.jpg

mark.jpg

markoffsled.jpg

That's just a few picks from the 2nd day of riding, as luck would have it, we played it right because, as we were playing at this place on Sunday, it was storming bad up on Buffalo Pass, that's where we headed on Monday........... Look at this !!!

buffalo.jpg

buffalojump.jpg

buffalodeep.jpg

buffalojumpin.jpg

buffalorest.jpg

buffalorock.jpg

buffalotrees.jpg

pristine.jpg

watchthis.jpg

day3down.jpg

Left us speechless and wore out, I was SOOO tired of grabbing for my handle bars to crawl back onto my sled I was happy to see Wed. ( our travel day to Cooke City ) come !! We took about 500 pictures and I have to get them into a PhotoShow yet, hopefully soon, we'll see.

The next day we were taking the trail to Rabbit Ears from Buffalo Pass but one of the sleds developed an electrical problem, so a couple of us went down early to get things fixed and ready to travel on Wed.

Headed to Cooke City on Wed. quite a few people in town, they hadn't had much snow over the last few days but we made the best of it. Headed to Top of the World Wy. and found some nice snow there, so we rode that all day Thurs.

dannyclimb.jpg

nicedaytopoftheworld.jpg

topoftheworldclimb.jpg

Didn't get too many pictures from Cooke, one of the guys smashed his 800 RMK into a pine tree and by that time we were pretty much ready to head for home. Unloaded sleds at 3 am last Saturday morning..... pretty tired.

Here's a few videos from the trip too.

Day 2 Walden

Day 3 Buffalo Pass

Top of the World Wyoming

Overall, one of the best trips I've ever been on, can't wait to get back there again, Walden Colorado is definetly on the map as a snowmobile destination.

Mike

One stray pic from Lake of the Woods this year.

buffalobay.jpg

WOW SWEET PICTURES!!! It makes me want to go back out west so bad!!! The third picture puts a big smile on my face. We didn’t have powder like that out west but man I would love to ride in something like that.

So the first few pictures are from Walden?? If so I can see why you guys want to go back. I have heard from lot of people that the best riding is still to come, We are thinking of going back out west in April if we can find some guys to help pay for gas.

MN Mike if you could send me an email we need to talk mountain riding!!! Thanks (its below)

Mitch- CB

Those pictures are amazing. Brought me to another world....a world i've never been at. I sure hope I can do that some day!! I get on these trails and ditches around here and think, why do I even bother. As much as I love sledding it can truly be hard to enjoy sometimes. To me all that snow and beautiful open land looks like a big candy store. Once again thanks.

Fisher.... your more than welcome, no matter what the snow conditions are you can ALWAYS have a blast in the mountains, once you get bit by it, your done, you can't escape it, you look forward to going every year ( just look at Central Bassman's post, he's got it bad just like the rest of us grin.gif ). Don't fall into that thinking that the Mtn's are far away and you need a big sled, big track and all that stuff, simple fact is even with a short track you can have a great time with some mods' to it.

C.B.......... We took a avy course before we left, the instructor was from Colorado, he told me they haven't seen snow like this down there since the '60s or better, I think he said they were above their average snowfall a few weeks ago and like you said, the best should be yet to come. From Walden you are within 1/2 hour or so of about 8 places to ride, one you can access right from town via a trail, we didn't go there but if we had stayed longer we would have.

Judd.... drop me an email ( it's in my profile ) I'll give you some ideas on the cost.

I was hoping to go back out this spring yet too but I don't think it will happen this year.

Mike