• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Makin' ice!!

Uncle Grump

Hahaha. Here in Ohio we're in the 80's. Got 5 months left. Plenty of open water season to go. Gonna enjoy it. Then enjoy the ice. Nice cooling thought though.

JimW, I've heard lots of good things about fall fishing but its hard to break away from the hunting once it starts, first goose and archery deer, then ducks, then once pheasant huntings starts, its all over, no more time for boats. Love those crisp October mornings sitting in a deer stand or chasing them roosters!!!! Then the deer rut cranks up and it really gets exciting in the deer stand, but then the corn is going out, gotta get after the roosters - fun, fun! Not enough time in life!

BlackJack ya got that right. Decisions, decisions. Its a time allocation thing. Squirrels,pheasants in the morning, deer until dark, then walleye and crappie after dark. So much to do, so little time.

I drove past North Long Lake last Sunday and I noticed a mysterious large patch of
ice in the middle of the 371 bay.
I hope no boaters hit it.

Well, as I sit here in NW Montana, its about 95 degrees, 12% humidity and Glacier National park is on fire, so ice fishing sure sounds good at this point!

I would take January tomorrow if it meant the fires would be out. Keep us in your prayers folks, its ugly around here.

------------------
Mike
Kalispell, MT
<<><<
"LOOK ALIVE, MAGGOT!"
(Not you Pal, I was talking to my bait)

mjhowe, u got it. U at in my prayers. As 4 ice. Thought I saw my breath the other dat. Already been sitting in shack. Just praticing. No fish on locator. I'm ready. 18 weeks left. I'll start the count down.
fish on Don't u just love it.

Hey mjhowe, I have relatives in the Kalispell, Columbia Falls area. Used to go through the park a lot, I hope and pray it won't get the beauty taken away from the fire as it is a fantastic area. I love Minnesota but the mountains are beautiful. Let's hop for rain!!!

Well, much of the surrounding west glacier, Blankenship, Apgar area has burned badly, as has much of the area along the N Fork of the Flathead River N of Polebridge. But I will report that prayers have been answered we have had 2 days now of very high humidity, low clouds and some rain, although we need more. Very cloudy and much cooler today, now I am REALLY thinking about ice fishing. But archery season opens in 33days so that will have to tide me over. Besides, some of the best BIG trout fishing lies just around the corner.

Anybody up in Canada/Alaska=Turn on the BIG fans and turn em South!!

------------------
Mike
Kalispell, MT
<<><<
"LOOK ALIVE, MAGGOT!"
(Not you Pal, I was talking to my bait)