• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Teryx are showing up

Roofer

It was utilityoffroad

If it wasn't for the good people here, I'm not sure I would even post here. Kinda feels like living in your parents basement. lol

I can understand competitors links, but..........well whatever. \:\)

Certain people pay good money to help make this site free to its users. If it wasn't free there is no way it could have grown this big and stayed this FAST!! Its just a perk. Links are allowed on knowledge items from the DNR also.

Not to get into a wizzing match here, I understand, but it's the people here that make the site. Without us, there would be no advertising.

I understand how it works. I am a moderator on a site much bigger than this one. I just think it's a bit petty when it isn't a competitor.

And yes, I am sober.....:) for the moment..;)

I was a Caswel Sports in Mora today and they had one on the floor, looks pretty cool! Bigger than a RZR so a big guy like me can acctually drive it! \:D I think the salesman I was talking to owns the place and he said they havent set a price yet but he thought somewhere in the $8500 neighbor hood. Sounds pretty reasonable to me? grin.gif

I may have to head up there. I checked Northway sports In East Bethel and nothing but snowmobiles and Rangers. The best price I have seen is 9199 plus tax and license. I just have to talk "her" into it, so I can get one. \:\)

On edit, not quite sure if that will happen;)

roofer, email me that link to that review i cannot find it on that site.

i went to the link before when it was up and had to leave my desk and shut it off and when i came back it was removed.

maximo990 at lycos

Originally Posted By: Roofer
I may have to head up there. I checked Northway sports In East Bethel and nothing but snowmobiles and Rangers. The best price I have seen is 9199 plus tax and license. I just have to talk "her" into it, so I can get one. \:\)

On edit, not quite sure if that will happen;)

It always easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission. Trust me, I know. I bought an $8k lawn tractor without her knowing, 5 atv's over the years without her knowing, and even traded off my Toyota for a new '08 Silverado without her knowing.

Believe it or not, I'm still married grin.gif

P.S. It helps that she makes more than I do also. whistle.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

It always easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.

Amen to that. Last year when I bought my ATV, I just went out and bought it when she was at work. Brought it home and parked it in the garage and waited for her to come home. Same thing with the boat. I guess I am a little impulsive, and am glad she is forgiving.

My last wheeler was the same situation. I dropped her off at the airport for a work trip to Chicago and within an hour, I was on my way to pick my new toy.

Her comment when I opened the garage door after I picked her up.........."Well imagine that!!!!!"

Just a word of warning to you guy's thinking about doing any business at caswell cycle in Mora, don't! I have had several "events" happen there, to lengthy to explain on here. One "event" was when I asked the salesman "Curt is his name" what they'd be getting for the 2005 Kingquad 700 when they got them in and he in turn asked me "what is everyone else getting for them?" This place is a joke, so just to warn any potential customers, stay away!

Thanks for the warning, although I have bought there before and really noticed no difference from any other dealer. I even brought the machine back to adjust the shifter linkage and the mechanic fixed it on the spot.

When I bought my brute force, I bought it while she was at work. She came home to it sitting in her spot in the garage. She came in the house (I was cowarding), she says "What is that jeep thing doing in our garage!!?".

The thing is, I have to pay off "her" sportsman in order to get the OK. Doesn't seem quite right????..........

Anyways, I have found out the base model does not have a speedo or dump bed, but both can be added for about $300. Still cheaper than a LE model. Not sure if the roof and tiny windshield are needed. Any sidebyside owners here? Is this stuff necessary?

I'm sorry if you had a bad experience there, But, I'll have to wholeheartedly disagree! Caswell has been nothing less than fantastic to deal with for me. I've been a customer for many years and have never been treated badly there. In fact they have saved me more than once. Years ago I was on a long ride, and had a mishap. I hit a large jump and bent my handlebars. Foolishly I tried to "straighten" them and when pulling on them they snapped! I had never set foot there before that day. After driving several miles with one hand steering and one holding the broken handlebar I pulled into Caswells. Les the owner, came out and looked, new right away he didn't have the replacement part. We were talking about something else that might work to get me going and then he remembered that he had a used sled of the same model out back. He had one of his guys pull the bars off, sold them to me for 20 bucks, and let me borrow the tools to put them on myself in his lot. How many dealers would do that for a stranger? I became a customer right then. A few years later, I had a clutch crack on a sled I had purchased new from him. I ride quite a bit and the sled was out of warranty and had over 3000 miles on it. I walked in and showed him the part cringing at what the cost might be. He looked it over and said he had never seen one fail in that manner, and it shouldn't have. He put a brand new one on the counter and said "no charge" Again, I was amazed at the service given to me, that certainly was not required.

Again, I'm sorry you had a poor dealings with them, but I felt compelled to stick up for a dealer that has been GREAT to work with for me. I have several friends that have had good dealings with them and I would recommended them to others.

That's good to here ONE good report about that dealer. I've had my own expieriences, as well as quite a few people I know from around the area. He refused to fix CV boot clamp under warranty on my Suzuki because I did not purchase it from him "Les". Curt doesn't know anything about atv's from my few conversations with him. They fixed a friend of mine's oil light that kept coming on with black electrical tape (covered it up). I would have bought my atv from them if I could of found anyone to help me while I was in there on several occasions (I live about 4 miles from them). I reported their lousy service to Suzuki, not that it would do me any good, but I was THAT mad when I got home from the last time I had to deal with them. Maybe they cater to guys on sleds, and know nothing about ATV's. I would like to ride a Can Am, but after my last ordeal there, I refuse to go there ever again!

Gotcha! I would be [PoorWordUsage] too.

A dealer is a dealer to me. I always know what I am buying before I get there and know what I'm going to pay. Then again, I'm always buying new. Trade-ins are where they got you though, but it's easier than selling out-right.

I would actually be happier if I could just buy it and have it shipped to my house.

I am in no way affiliated with them in any way, other than that of a happy and satisfied customer. Many of my friends and relatives have been equally satisfied.

I'm not sure what the problem might have been for you, but I find it difficult to believe that they would stay in business as long as they have with customer relations as bad as you say.

They (Les and Curt) have tried for years to get me on a BRP or Suzuki quad to no avail. They have offered me test drives, (which I've taken) and Les actually handed me 10 bucks to stop and get gas once because he was out at the shop. I keep telling them I am more than happy with my Honda 4-wheelers.

Again, sorry you had a bad experience there, but maybe talking to them about it would help more than complaining here.

Roofer,

my dad has a Rhino that has a roof as well as a windshield on it. The windshield is a welcome addition in the dusty or cold conditions and takes some of the wind out of your face. The roof is also nice if you're out and it starts to rain. But he has the plastic roof instead of the metal. I personally would prefer to have both the roof and windshield myself.

The downside to the Rhino (660 model) is the motor noise and the vibration. Knowing what the kawi motor is like, I imagine it will be much much smoother and quieter.

Well, gotta go. I'm going to be passing by your place in about an hour and a half on my way up to Grand Rapids. Maybe I should stop to make sure you're still alive on Sunday after you pick up your new Teryx Saturdaygrin.gif.

A dealer is a dealer. Whether it be cars or atv's. Never trust a salesman. On the other subject, I'm not "complaining" I'm just broadcasting my expieriences I've had at this particular dealer. I wonder how they stay in business myself, but I wonder that about alot of stores in Mora? Good luck with those of you that are interested in the Terex, as they should be a great machine!

I have a Rhino, it does not have a roof or a windshield. They are both on my list. It really sucks when it is cold out, I may even put a full cab on it for ice fishin.

"The downside to the Rhino (660) model) is the motor noise and the vibration."

AMEN

Still is a fun unit to have around.

LEP, you can stop by any time, but won't be home Sunday.

As for the top and windshield, I would imagine it would be great in the colder days, but it shouldn't be much different than an atv, right?

Ya it is about the same, I think the difference is a person is probably working a little harder [playing] on a wheeler, where with the rhino I use it more to get from one place to another ice fishin or huntin, and you just sit there and steer. I have never had it on a trail ride, I can't imagine getting it stuck, the wheeler is hard enough to get out of the mud.