• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sat on a Thundercat..

Kylersk

Wish I could have took it for a spin and brought it home, but $10,500 is a bit much for a wheeler. One thing I did notice, there is no mention (decals) of the 950 CC's on it.. Since anything over an 800 is currently illegal, that's probably a good thing.

Is it true, when the 800 came out it was also illegal under the previous law?

I would say it depends on how the dealer can register it. My guess, is that it would be a class 2 as of now, but the canam 800's are registered as class 1, correct?

It will be interesting when someone in MN gets one registered. Maybe someone will find out from a dealer.

From the DNR's HSOforum. It will have to be classified as a Class 2 ATV as I read it.

Class 1 ATVs are motorized flotation-tired vehicles with

at least three but no more than six low pressure tires

that have an engine displacement of less than 800 cubic

centimeters and total dry weight of less than 900 pounds.

Class 2 ATVs are motorized flotation-tired vehicles with at least

three but no more than six low pressure tires that have an engine

displacement of less than 800 cubic centimeters and total dry

weight of 900 to 1,500 pounds.

ORVs are motorized recreational vehicles capable of

cross-country travel on natural terrain, such as four-

wheel-drive trucks. (ORVs under 1,500 pounds are

registered as Class 2 ATVs.)

Note: Vehicles NOT considered ORVs include snowmobiles,

ATVs, OHMs, motorcycles, watercraft or aircraft. Farm, logging,

military, emergency, law enforcement, utility, trail grooming, and construction vehicles are not considered to be ORVs when used

for their intended purpose.

i know we have to follow the rules of the trail and (tread lightly) to keep our trails open and do give the sport a good name....but comon,,,,what is with all the semanitics...i will never even bother to read all the specifications and things and regulation 100232.01232.023t588.66

forget that!

if they want to make all these rules it is time to use "OUR" registration money and make "US" some trails and parks!!!!

forget the SLEDs they are done with!!

See the guy on HL from MN with a Thundercat? He got his registered as a class 1 atv. It sounds like the rules are slowly changing.

When have you known authority to make anything more fun? hehe They just like to enforce rules that they feel like that day.

Atvam is our best bet right now. You can't depend on a group like the DNR to get things done because they receive a paycheck no matter what. You need a group that is dedicated to atv's to get things done for atv's.

Originally Posted By: Roofer
See the guy on HL from MN with a Thundercat? He got his registered as a class 1 atv. It sounds like the rules are slowly changing.

I don't know of any rules changing. They can't change them without posting them. My guess is that he got somebody at the license bureau that didn't know what they were doing.

That doesn't mean that the rules are not going to be changed.

You are right about them not knowing what they are doing though. How many outty 800's are registered as class 1?

I have a buddy who recieved motorcycle tags for his atv.

In the past there was ALOT of Sportsmans that were registered incorrectly.

I think it was the wrong way of doing things with this class 1&2, ORV, OHM...... It would be simpler to classify them as atv, RUV, truck, and dirtbike.

Just the same as anything else like this, they are just digging their own whole to fall into.

Just the same as anything else like this, they are just digging their own whole to fall into.

Now you need to add a "Dumba$$ Recovery Vehicle" sticker to your Kawi. grin.gifgrin.gif

Originally Posted By: Kodiak

How many outty 800's are registered as class 1?

MINE IS!!

This is what I mean. It's not a big deal, what is it 803cc??? so what, it's a few over.

BUT rules are rules. If I had one shell too many during duck season (or drove through a puddle on an atv) it would be different. How about the Rhino we saw on the trail last year?

Like I said it doesn't matter to me personally, but where is the enforcement.