• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Gogebic Fish Report

We did pretty good last Saturday. We fished from 8-12, catching about 15eyes and some nice perch. I had to show a photo of this eye, I wasn't sure if I had a bite or my wiggler was wiggling... Got some nice perch they were from 11-14.25" The biggest weighing in at 1.7lbs...

IMGP0115.jpg

IMGP0116.jpg

Thanks Greg! Nice perch! I was over there for Christmas, but with the 24" in. of white gold, I spent my time at the Hatch and with my folks. Joey and Phil are heading this way Jan. 25 for the Burnside Bash, check out the Duluth Forum for more info. It should be a great time.

I also may head that way next weekend while Beth heads to a wedding show. If I do, I'll give ya a call.

K-Dawg,

I was going to go out on Sat morning but I am fishing in a Tourney in Wis on Sat. I will most likely get out Sunday morning to try to find them, I heard they moved a bit with this cold snap. But they wont be to far away at least I hope. The good thing about moving and finding fish is, when you do find them it is a new honey hole on your GPS...

Perchking

Wow do I feel like a dope. I had no idea that LG was such a good perch lake.

I was staying at a cabin very near LG with my girlfriend for 3 days in late February last year and I didn't even bring my ice fishing stuff. We drank and ate at every resort/bar all around that lake. Now I wish I would have studied up a bit before my trip last year.

We had a great time "watching deer" and doing the tourist thing. You live in a very beautiful area. SM

SM,

Yeah it is a nice area but the economy is HORRIBLE... So trying to find work is pretty tough. I am an IT Director for the only really decent size company in the area, just lucked out on getting it. The scary thing is if I ever lost it for what ever reason I would be packing up the U-Haul...

What Resorts did you drink/eat at? One of my best buds owns the Gogebic Lodge...

Perchking

I don't remember the names of the bars. I believe we spent most of the time in the bars along the SW portion of the lake. One of the bars in this area had a nice overlook to LG. The other bar was on the east side of the lake. It was popular with the ATV and snowmobles.

I'm originally from the UP (Iron Mountain area) and I know how bad the economy is in the UP. I had to move to the twin cities to find construction work. SM

Lake Gogebic is a pretty good walleye spot in the fall. We usually wade in the shallows, or pencil weeds and fish them with fly rods, just by dropping a jig and minnow in little pockets. As for quality eyes LG as a whole only pulls about 2-3 10lbs/year...

Shiner,

I just found out the wife booked tickets to Sarasota Fl that same weekend also, so I told her I would go but the next 4 weekends she will have to fend for her self cuz I will be on LG. There are some real brutes being pulled out right now, there was on caught on the 22nd that only went 14 inches but weighed in at 2.7lbs... I dont care who you are that is a JUMBO.

Sorry KDawg, for some odd reason I did get my names messed up.

As for fishing this weekend I wanted to stay away from the crowds and fish some old spots I haven't hit in years. The outcome was decent, not great and not bad. I am finding fish in 26-30fow, I hooked up with 4 decent whitefish this weekend as a bonus also. Here are some photos of some perch that I caught and released this weekend. Not huge by any means but nice.

IMGP0161.jpg

IMGP0164.jpg

IMGP0163.jpg