• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Gogebic Fish Report

walleyeaddict,

Jump in your vehicle and get here, it is a BIG lake there is plenty of room. Otter, Hawkeye43 and one other FM member pulled in last night. They should be on the ice right now. I will be joining them on Sat and Sun and hopefully we have some good reports...

It was unreal the size of these fish, 1#13 was the biggest. 14.5 inch, 11" girth. This make any perch that you thought was big look a baby next to these. I fished alot of perch in many lakes, nothing even comes close. If you got the time to go, now is it. We saw 2#7's 2#4's on ice ready for mounting, they are there to be gotten. I will tell it not an easy task, you will put your time in but its worth it. I will be backto try again trust me. More to come later.

It's been 4 days man, I was waiting for daily updates..... how much longer does a guy have to wait!!!!!!! My work has suffered because of this. hehehehehee

Joel,

I love that LX-5 thanks again. It was a pretty good weekend, I didn't get any pics because on the 1st day, my camera was dead, then I got batteries the next day but forgot my camera at home. I know Otter got some pics hopefully he will share.

I a not sure what the average fish was but I am betting it was close to a pound and about 12 inches...

The best thing about this whole situation is I have GPS cords to a real nice rod and reel... Just kidding Ken..

That sharp pain in my side, OH the knife went deeper and now they twist it too. blush.gif

I look at it this way, the cost of that 14.25" just doubled in cost, but then I need a good rod to replace that one I lost.

Anyone need a trophy??

Otter, did you get them GPS cords????

The rod doesn't hurt as much as it did on Sat., its the jig I want back.

Pretty Slow weekend on Lake Gogebic, I think all the cold weather and snow is starting to affect the fish’s movement a bit. I fished an area called Bingham Bay (West Side) for 7hrs before marking a fish. I finally had enough, I went back to 8 mile bay(East Side), and in 30 minutes I had 6. The 25 people that called me during the day were also not having a great day, but as soon as we start getting some warm weather, it’s game on…

There is still 20+ inches of good solid ice, with about 8 inches of pack ice. If you are thinking about coming up ATV or Snowmobile travel is fine.

Here are a few pics of some of the nicer ones from Sunday.

IMGP0199.jpg

IMGP0197.jpg

IMGP0198.jpg