• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Summer mudders?

Dozer

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to mud I got a 2002 Polaris Sportsman 400 with 27x12x12 Tri-Claws all around, I dont know if they even still make those tires anymore but they use to be pretty popular. Its lifted and has 1.5 wheel spacers(so the tires would fit). Other than that its got a couple small goodies, I use to run a AAEN pipe but it was to loud and didnt give much power so I leave it off.

This last summer I left the big tires off because it was so dry. And theres not to many legal places left to mud.

i got 28" mst outlaws/dynojet usb powercommander/hmf penland/stealth snorkels on my 07 can am 800..it doesnt do too bad, if you mud remember to get that radiator washed out asap if you dont, plan on getting a new one cause that mud is almost impossible to get out after it cakes and hardens the little rocks get lodged in there.

Ive got a 05 660 grizzly wih 26" mudbugs, a HMF pipe, dyno jet ket, EPI clutch ., 3.0xt warn winch, 11.1 wiesco piston, Mudbuster cam, and Full snorkels. Planing on getting either 4 28"X12" outlaws or mudbugs next season. Where do you guys ride? I go to spider lake and the aikin county forest alot. Been to nemaji a couple times

I used to like it alot, but am growing tired of fixing machines. Besides, like already mentioned, there is few spots that are legal anymore. Nemadji has none, Redtop has none......Spider Lake is the only place that I have heard of with a decent amount of water or mud.

The snow is actually more fun and challenging IMO

spider isnt what it was even 2 years ago, they have filled alot of holes. Nemaji has all kinds of mud, you just have to go further south. There are all kinds of trails that arent on the map, just take a forest road in further south than everyone elso goes have a ball! In reality there is no legal mudding in MN unless it is a man made mud pit! But unless you are chasing ducks or ripping down cat tails I dont see any harm in doing a little mudding out in the woods. A dnr agent would agree im sure! There are still some good places to go in county forests, there not on any map but they are there you just have to find them. Ive got one east of pine city that I found that took me about 3hrs to get 2.5 miles from the truck, I bet only 3/4 of a mile of it was dry!

I hear you and I agree, but none of the trails are legal. We own land on the south end, and have been going to there and on state land for the last 15 years. Most of the trails are made by loggers or are snowmobile trails. None are legal to ride on.

Yep. Love to go muddin'. But due to the restrictive nature of MN I have started to go over to WI and compete in some mudbogs. My machine won't be real trail friendly come March timeframe. More mud the better......

If you put your radiator on the front rack it is much easier to clean and won't get as much mud in it anyways.

Mud On!!!!!!!

I take my grill off after every mud ride and wash out the rad, and every winter I take the rad out and soak it in a tub of water to losen it all up to get it really clean. What a are you doing to your machine in March? Big lift? Where are these mudbogs in WI?

Bla blah blah, LOL

Maybe in the water runs. Any mods and it's much different. Especially if 4wd is required. Ever seen a 916 at any competitions?

If there are mostly stock bikes yes, mainly because can-am has a longer trailing arm for the rear tires. It keeps them from wheelying so much and they can stay on tap with the throttle. The AC 950 will take care of the canned hamms easily with a 4" longer frame. blush.gif

For other competitions, if there is rocks or jumps, the 800ho won't make it to the end with a stock bike.

Quote:

Bla blah blah, LOL

Maybe in the water runs. Any mods and it's much different. Especially if 4wd is required. Ever seen a 916 at any competitions?

If there are mostly stock bikes yes, mainly because can-am has a longer trailing arm for the rear tires. It keeps them from wheelying so much and they can stay on tap with the throttle. The AC 950 will take care of the canned hamms easily with a 4" longer frame.
blush.gif

For other competitions, if there is rocks or jumps, the 800ho won't make it to the end with a stock bike.

time will tell....but the past is usually a good indicator of the future and there has been can am domination for the past couple...check the gncc and atvcross leader boards. Can am all the way across. You think that ac TANK will be on top, maybe for about 6 months, i bet if there was a race ecu program out for the outty it would blast that 950 ThunderFAT.

Quote:

the past is usually a good indicator of the future and there has been can am domination for the past couple...check the gncc and atvcross leader boards. Can am all the way across. You think that ac TANK will be on top, maybe for about 6 months, i bet if there was a race ecu program out for the outty it would blast that 950 ThunderFAT.

Can-am is now also the main sponsor to gncc and why do you think they limited all the rules to suit them? Why did they put a CC limit in the class?

you cant even compare GNCC results, the only reason can-am utes do well is because can-am opened their wallets and got all of the good riders from the kawisaki's to jump ship for $$$. look at all the riders that have left FST and others to now ride cam-am.

there is no rider support from the other manufactures. thats why you dont see anybody racing for the the other utes except average joes.

also it was the artic cat that took the WPSA title this year. can-am had a good showing but they had to get a couple sport quad racers to switch to utes to get near the front.

Im willing to bet you could take anybody from Mike Penlands can-am crew and have them race a stock can-am in any event the results would be different. the bikes those guys race are nothing near what you and I buy off the show floor. the frames are gusseted all over. and they each probably have $20k in mods done to them.

Im not saying what can-am is doing is bad, i think its making the sport better but the results are $$$ paid for and a little skewed.

This very true. I was not putting down can-am either, but they are not as great as people say they are.

They spent alot of money on riders, infomercials, sponsoring events, and teaming with gorilla. They even had their own event with the Can-Am Nationals.

As far as speed, the 750's are close to the canam 800 stock. A few mods and the 800 is left behind. This is only 50cc's difference. With the cat being 150 cc's bigger, there should be no comparison, but why should there be.

Although, I don't think it will be long before can am makes a comparable model.....if they can make a frame that will handle the abuse and a suspension that doesn't allow the axle shafts to fall off.

The canams are fast, you have to give them that. They have always had a great motor. For a 9000 dollar machine it should be alot better than a 6500 dollar machine though. The cat being at 10,500 is worth it to the few, but it has the competition beat by a long shot for now.

From what I seen in the Arctic Cat video, the Thundercat looks like it is hard to control? This was with a professional rider on it. If the Thundercat drives like any of the other Arctic Cat's, it will not handle worth a dump on any tracks out there.

I love it when people start talking about this machine compared to that machine. Which one do you have? I know some of you have 800 outys and I would have one too if they didnt cost a fortune. I couldnt care less who can make it through a waterpit fastest or what some proracer rides, you can put most of those guys on any brand of bike and give them an open checkbook and they will win! I will be the first one to make a run through a waterpit but I really dont care how fast you can do it. I am much more impressed when someone can take a bike through a bunch of ruts and holes and go where he shouldnt be able to go, I dont care how long it takes. I dont care about these factory sponsored crazy expensive bikes that cant even be ridden. I want to hear about your bike that you acctually ride all day from mudhole to mudhole through the trees up the hills. Who cares if your bike goes 80mph down the road?! Its only up to 10mph that really matters.

Can Am's are high priced. I to like to just be able to make it through the worst of conditions. It is fun to make it through something, and watch your friends try to do the same, especially with all the different machines,tires, ect... I like to see your basic stock machine, (with aftermarket tires of course) get put through the paces in alot of different types of riding and see how it does.

i would love to bring you guys to the black hills and show you how well the can am does in the rocks. If you want to see what people can do/and do.. look at their skids, i beg you to take a look at mine.

Penland didnt quit kawasaki... they quit him, call him yourself, i have plenty of times!

Are they even going to release the mythical thundercat, how come the release date keeps getting pushed back?

thunder, THUNDER, THUNDERCAT, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you want to ride and impressive all around quad, ride that new grizzly 700...man that is a nice machine, i have had some time to tool around one and i am inpressed!