• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arrow Choice

hugonian1

Easton Axis, Carbon Express Maxima, Gold Tip...all are good hunting arrows and so it comes down to personal preference. If you are looking for a cheaper arrow with high quality, check out the Beaman ICS hunter with ViBrake.

Easton ACC's are the ticket for me...best shooting arrow I've ever shot in 25 years! Although I will say that I shot GoldTips for a few years and they were the toughest, durable arrow I've used. I could hit almost anything with them with (usually) not even as much as a scratch! For what it's worth!

I've always used the GoldTip XT Hunter 5575s. A good price and as has been said already, they are tough and really take the abuse. I've seen too many pictures of a carbon arrow splintered in peoples hands and a tough carbon arrow means alot to me.

I think Gold Tip, Easton, CE, etc all make good arrows as long as you match the arrow to your bow and drawlength etc. I would just avoid going to a walmart or the like and grabbing a handful of whatever they have on their shelf. I saw one gut walk out of there one night with a handful of various lengths and sizes as well as colors and he was talking about going huntign that upcoming weekend confused.gif

Carbon Express Aramid KV's.

You'll ask 10 people this question and get 10 different answers... all comes down to personal preference. Easton/Beman, Gold Tip, Carbon Express, & others all make great shafts. Pick one you like and have confidence in it.

Easton axis full metal jacket is my arrow. carbon core wrapped in aluminum. yes, a bit heavy, but only 11.1 gpi. very strong though, and they fly nice too. have hit the rebar in 3d targets before. mushroomed my field points, never ruined an arrow!