• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ipod

island guy

So, my kid solved my problem of what to get him for xmas. He slammed his in the car door somehow. It's toast. He had the more spendy, high capacity one. He's lost without it.

My question. Should I just replace the old one with a similar unit or is there something new around the bend? His was about 2 years old. I don't want to ask him. Ruins the surprise element.

There isnt really anything cool besides the new touch screen ipod. That is a really nice Ipod but it doesn’t hold as many songs as the classic ipod does. I’m getting the Classic ipod for my girl friend this Christmas. It holds a lot of songs, videos and photo, The new ipod Nano is smaller but doesn’t hold as many songs.

You have a lot of options,

Either way i think he will be happy as long as its a ipod they are really SWEET smile.gif

The Iphone and the Touch are both neat. My household has 1 classic, one Shuffle, one New Nano and an Iphone. Point blank ask the boy if he wants high capacity model for storage, or thin light and portable like some of the others. Touch is cool, but limited storage. Conversely, most kids don't need to be lugging 160 GB storage. The screen on the nano is small, but suprisingly watchable. Really thin and light. I think the Touch is to big for a kid to lug around safely.

Good luck.

If high capacity is important to him you should probably go with the ipod classic. His was probably 80 GB and now they come 80 GB and 160GB. If he somehow filled the 80 or got close to it, you might want to step up to 160.

I was thinking of getting the ipod touch for my 13 yr old daughter. If anyone has one, how is the internet, how is the wireless, will it work with any wireless router? Or is there something special, monthly fee, or special wireless for it? This is what she wanted, was the internet on it.