• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing 2007-2008

Nice report Chris, very fishy.. Rosa and I will be seeing you guys for dinner at 6 p.m. Thursday ;\) Dougy is taking care of reservations, thanks Doug. \:\) Once I told Rosa prime rib, that's all it took and Amanda doesn't have dance that evening so my Mom and Dad will watch her. cool.gif

Well now to the report we fished the big side on Morraine and caught some dandy perch, not alot but enough to keep us busy, had to rifle through a bunch of small ones but we did get some slammers. Used Big Johnny Ice peanut butter tetr's with tan/ glitter maki's most of the day, tan wormies and clear/gold glitter guppies. We scored a few on the Timanti's and Jay's larger darters. Most came on straight rubber but a few times I would add a spike. Fished 8' to I believe Doug may have been close to 30' in the middle of the basin., we punched a bunch of holes with hand and power auger. The walking was fantastic the ice was 6.5" to 7" of good black ice and the shoreline flexxed a little the firat 30' or so but was still very firm. Guys were on the small side of Morraine but more were fishing the big side. Small side shore ice was worse than the big side, couldn't figure out how the guys on the small side even got out. confused.gif The 4 orange diving cones are still set-up on the small side. Well here's the pic's we even caught some stupid bass, but they were a blast on 2 lb. test.. Thanks Doug for the excellent sandwiches for lunch.. \:\) Tuzzy and I gassed up in Oriskany Falls and stopped at the pizza joint across the street before heading home.

Todd hit this nice pig to start the morning..

1001030hy1.jpg

Uh oh... Doug's got something very big!

1001031tk3.jpg

A 20" smallie, nice going Doug. That Tica was singing a lovely song!

1001032xn3.jpg

Tale of the tape for Doug's..

1001034ve0.jpg

Tuzzy was on the board and often.. #10 green glow rat rinkee...

1001035pj3.jpg

I caught 3 smallies and here was my best one an inch under Doug's biggy..

1001036of3.jpg

Maki Plastics and Big Johnny Ice Tet'r scrumptous!

1001037rh3.jpg

What was stuck in the smallies mouth a big crayfish, just had to take this shot..

1001038zh3.jpg

Caught this nice bucketmouth on the far side of the lake when Dougy and I made a run to locate some more fish.

1001042ew7.jpg

Dougy with another big jack!

1001044ob1.jpg

Todd with a beauty...

1001045og7.jpg

Doug'y put's the hammer down yet again...

1001046pf9.jpg

Another slammer with tape ;\)

1001047gn8.jpg

I scored this one with 30 min. before we packed it in..

1001048ta3.jpg

The boy's brought a few home for the table.

1001049hq6.jpg

Great outing guys sorry the bluegills were a no show but with them dumping weed killer in the lake it's completely changed the large side, maybe early ice there may have been some but it was depressing to see all those great weeds go. There are still a few gills in this side of the lake but we only caught a scant few and most were under 6" and not one crappie cry.gif Good time and will do it again soon. Tuzzy I must have screwed up taking the photo of that other big perch you had, sorry.

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talked to Bud and Tyler on the way back and they had a dozen and a half nice 10 -11" perch. \:\) There staying late hoping to score some craps. Bud you would have been proud of me today I cut alot of holes with the Mag III Plus \:D

Timmy - 1st off, throw the power auger on the dump. Less than a foot of ice and your useing that thing? Were you wearing a skirt too?! Second, nice report sounds like a nice mixed bag and some pigs for sure! We gotta teach you the "macro" setting on that camera...

E-mail headed your way...

If it's not too awful windy tomorrow, I'm going out. I had to stay in today and I'm bouncing off the walls!! If anyone wants to take a shot if it's not too bad, let me know. Tim, I've got to get some Maki, you'll have to help me pick them out. Got to scrounge some cash, just bought the V-day gift. NO, it's not a ring. HEHEHE, since it's not, I may have a LOT more free time to fish with my new LX5. We'll have to wait and see on that one.

Four guys hole hopping need a lot of holes grin.gif Ask Dougy how his arm feels, he did a lot by hand today. We did alot of searching, less time hand augering holes and more time fishing. I know I'm reaching grin.gif Thanks for the email I sent it along the pics look great...

Ray - Wish i could go tomorrow but it's a no go.. Good luck if you get out and let me recommend the panfish lake you met Darlk Cloud and Tank on. Stay out of the wind if you can... ;\)

Thanks Tim. That's where I was thinking, had a good feeling about it. Got some stuff I want to try out. Nice pics, you must have had some fun. I haven't fished the big side but plan to this year. Met a guy that lives near there and fishes there often. Gonna met up with him some day. He has a patent on piece of lifesaving gear for ice fishing. Hope to see it in person. Maybe we can get one to show around and test (just the application). Gonna hit it for the night bite soon too. Still have to squeeze a trip to the little secret some day. I may take a ride down in the near future. Enjoy tomorrow!

I had a blast out there today guys...the first several hours out there was absolutley perfect. No wind, real light (fat) snowfall and the temp was a perfect 30 deg.

The picture of that Smallie I got didn't do that fish justice...that thing was a SLOB!!!!

Timmy, my arm seems to be fine for now...I thought about how many holes I pushed and I came up with close to 65! Sorry Todd, I owe you new blades because I put your 6in. Laser to the test today. I think I drilled the blades right off of it \:D

DC...my new 27in. Jason Mitchel Meatstick is bad A$$...sorry!

The other 24in. panfish rod...not so much, you were right! He sent me that one by accident, instead of the spring bobber! I talked to Jason and he said keep it and he will send me the correct Rod...I am impressed with that aspect of his business. Things like that will make me a life long customer. I am eyeballing his 7'6" medium, fast action walleye rod...looks enticing.

Are you and Tank heading out anywhere...I want to hook up and fish with you guys...I still owe you 2 a good meal on ice!!

Fullmoon...Todd and I will probably see you there tomorrow...call me and we can meet up! Maybe stay and see what happens after dark...can you say "Callie Festivous"

I am beat...later guys!!!

Chef - Glad you like the rod, all the reviews are great. Iv'e never handled them was just passing on what I heard about "one mans lite is anothers medium". Whats the meat stick like? A nice small spoon rod?

No fishing tomorrow, that wind is gonna be bad! I'll lay low and tinker around here, got some jigs to paint, a rod or to to work on, and still cleaning up an area for my new lathe. Mondays Tanks B-day so tomorrow im making a kings dinner for him. He want steak and king crab legs, so thats what he's getting...

Anytime after monday we'll take you up on that meal...

Originally Posted By: HardWaterChef
Steve...that is great info!!!!

I appreciate the consideration and am willing to accept the offer if all cylinders are going to fire in time!! This is something I have wanted to do since I first had a fishing pole...I just don't want to leave out any minute detail...'cause if I don't forget anything...You pretenders are in for a long day...LOL

Thanks again Steve...let's talk via phone soon. You can get my # from anyone in the family!

Doug,

Not too many details to leave out. Get the room, sign up and have a blast fishing. All I'm looking forward to is having a good time and hopefully placing in the top half. I'll get your # from Tim.

Steve

We'll be there...with a back up plan if the weather isn't as bad as they say!

Ol'Crawdad from IS, is going to meet us...he is a SOLID guy!

Fishingking has hit the ice a few times with him! Jighead and Scott will be there as well as Fullmoon...wow...not again! The locals won't know what hit 'em sick.gif

Originally Posted By: HardWaterChef
We'll be there...with a back up plan if the weather isn't as bad as they say!

Ol'Crawdad from IS, is going to meet us...he is a SOLID guy!

Fishingking has hit the ice a few times with him! Jighead and Scott will be there as well as Fullmoon...wow...not again! The locals won't know what hit 'em sick.gif

Lou and I have fished together a few times. He's a good dude. \:\)

Timmy...could you do me a favor?

My 6 month old Basset just ate my cell phone...for real

Could you get everyones # out of your phone and send me the #'s to my Yahoo account?

I talked to Jay this afternoon and I am putting him and his woman down for 6pm at the restaurant on Seetheart day! I have a table for Chris, Jay, yourself and your Sweeties in our smaller Private dining room. I am psyched that all you guys are coming to eat my food. No menus for you guys...I am going to course all of you 7 or 8 times with Wine paired with each course grin.gif

I am gonna Rock your palat for sure ;\)

Thanks Timmy if you don't mind!