• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing 2007-2008

Had a good time today. It was nice to meet the crew. Thanks to all. They tested us for sure and I would have like more than that one perch but I enjoyed it just the same. The back is fine, that little machine sure does help. I'm free most of the week if anyone wants company on the ice. Thanks again

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my plan was to be on the ice at first ice but this kidney stone decided different. At 5AM it decided it wanted to try and come out, well I had to take the heavy narcotic they gave me for the pain and that put me out for almost the hole day. The worst part is that it didn't come out. I've broken both my collar bones, left arm, ankle, torn ligiments in left knee and diverticulitis and this kidney stone is the worst pain I've ever felt.

I'm planning to be on the ice at first ice tomorrow, with or without this kidney stone. LOL

To the whole crew that fished with us Saturday. Thank you all for an AWESOME time on the HardWater! Cindy and I had such a great time meeting you all and fishing with our new friends. It was finally great to be able to put faces to names that TIm talks about. Even though the fishing was a bit slow the opportunities where there and just the anticipation of Mr. Wally slamming the jig is incredable. Cindy and I will definately be up to fish with everyone again....SOON!

Man I will say that after being up 2 day's with an hour or so nap the drive home was tough. We ended up going to dinner with Cindy's Mom Beth and after that it was lights out. We both felt like a train wreck...LOL.

Thanks again all for a great day on the Ice, we'll see Y'all again! Tight Lines!

Steve

Steve, good meeting a fellow warfighter. The offer is always open for you and Cindy to stay at my house . . .its just me most of the time, unless my Cindy is up for the weekend. Just let me know ahead of time to make arrangements. My Glenmorangie is about gone so will need a good excuse to get some quality scotch. Cindy and I were the last of the group to leave, around 4:30 . . .the fish were still acting the same but seemed like more were coming in. Took the spikes off a gold marmooska and replaced with some white plastic and Wham . . .finally the trick. Will know better next time.

Sounds like a nice meet and greet, thats fishing...

Edgewater reminds me of Big B - should have been there the day before the "big report" crazy.gif

Lee - good luck with the stone. Ya ever see the Seinfield episode where Kramer passes a stone while at the circus and his scream causes the high wire guy to fall, lol...

Tank was just putting the knife to yesterdays catch - solid fish... I went to an all you can drink wine festival with the GF, was fun but not as fun as a slob perch...

That was a great time with the gang yesterday. Z showed up about an hour ago and picked up his LX-3, he's ready to rock again :).

Fishing report...

Well Doug, Todd and I did a whole lot of driving around CNY today looking for some panfish. We caught a few in the morning but it was no where near hot and heavy. Then around 11 a.m. we went to another lake and marked very few fish and I caught only one small perch so at 2:15 p.m. we headed to lake #3 to see if we could turn a lot of hard work, hunting and hole cutting into something sweet. Fortuantely with the help of Tank's prayer ;\) at church this a.m. things turned in our favor at the last stop. As you can see we finished strong .. I stayed a bit late with CNY Lee for some crappies. Thank you Lord for the afternoon flurry because We were really feeling like it was just gonna be a bad weekend I mean after Saturday's walleye fiasco we needed some heathy pulling and we got it. The last spot we fished I caught about 8 bluegills, 9 crappies and a couple of bullheads.

Tough getting fish to hit the plastics today, had to go to the meat. Funny thing was when I talked to Kevin in Michigan he said that they had to go to meat too. crazy.gif Nice fishing with you guys, I had a great time and it was great seeing you again Lee \:D Here's the pics..

Get em Todd...

1000965gr5.jpg

1000966el9.jpg

Nice Rainbow Lee!

1000967gl6.jpg

1000970wz2.jpg

Dougy scores \:\)

1000971bj7.jpg

My first crappie of the night..

1000972en3.jpg

Look how nice and wide this gill is grin.gif Glow gill pill size 12.

1000974qt8.jpg

It was nice to finally see and meet some members on the ice yesterday and will have to plan on a get together.

Tim, After you left all heck broke loose for a about 45 minutes and ended up catching around 25 nice crappies and took home 10 of them for Friday at work. They started to come on the screen and hitting so fast I could only fish with one pole in the trap because it was such a mess with line everywhere.

Those grass rats can cause havoc. mad.gif I lost 3 gill pills yesterday to them slime darts. sick.gif After the cluster of not marking many fish yesterday it was welcoming to catch a few to finish the day. grin.gif Lee - I should have stayed with you for another hour but I thought it would just be more bullhead coming in where I was at.

Awesome pics guys. Sorry I didn't call Friday Doug, I had a bunch of things come up and didn't hit the ice until Sunday morning. I ended up going to Went to Edge Water with a couple of old friends. The fishing was slow as usual there. All in all it was nice to get out on the ice.

Hey had a good time on the Ice with everyone and good to put faces with the names from here. My arms are still tired from drillin 3 times as many holes then anyone!! I'm sure we will do it again!! Maybe Delta, seems like the action was about the same!! Here's a few pics from my phone of LJ with a few from that day.

f_jimiperch2m_49c2e47.jpg

f_Jimiperch01m_81f6680.jpg

He's a great kid and I enjoyed taklking with and beng around him. He'll make you proud. I'm not sure if I'll get out Tues. but I'm free Wed. - Fri. any hour and plan to get out. Where? Not sure yet. If anyone heads out, or wants to, let me know. Sat. I'd be a late start but Sat. and Sun. are open as well. Look forward to fishing with you guys again, meeting the rest and taking some trips to fish some of the other folks waters. Gotta take Tyler and Scott and Cindy up on their offers.

Nice shot's Jimmy, heck there better than my camera. \:\) Look at LJ he's the man! Ray were fishing tomorrow don't know about the rest of the week. Talked to Dark Cloud and the early report was 10 a piece and just like clockwork while on the phone with Jay he picked up two more grin.gif We had a good time talking to Jay, Frank was in the offfice with the color commentary \:D

Slow weekend of icefishing here also. I tried 3 new spots over the course of 2 afternoons and they didn't pay off but at least I know not to go back there again grin.gif Hopefully Lake George will be OK for the quads this weekend but if not I'll be somewhere else trying for panfish and walleyes if I can't get to the lakers!

John how did Robb do on C thought I saw a post from him on IS. Is he fishing it again this coming weekend? Joe would like to get some guys going down there with him on Saturday. It's a little early for plans for me as I am monitoring reports up until the night before I go anywhere like the rest of you.

Will be at C tomorrow, be at the diner at 6 a.m. So far it's a light crew, CNY Frank, Salmonseeker73 and his Dad, possibly Kyle. I can fish till 1:30 p.m. then I have to get out of there. See you guys in the morning..

A beutifull day on the ice. Chilly in the morning warming up to near freezing, light winds and sunshine...

The fishing wasnt fantastic but prety darn good. Steady pick all morning that just got slower all day and never picked up. Some big groups of fish around and on the move and singles and doubles to work over... We had 20,22, and 23 keepers each and about that many not quite big enough throwbacks. Z was out there, had a nice chat with him. Measured between 4.5 and 6.5 of hard black ice...

Tank and Billy left to right heading out...

p1280245gj3.jpg

Best of the day by me...

p1280249du6.jpg

Headed out in time to drive home in mostly daylight...

p1280255pf1.jpg

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

All ans All, I still had a great time fishing with you guys...Tim and Todd!

It was nice putting the face behind the posts CNYLee...that was a Dandy Bow you slammed!

Timmy...I got a few shots for Scott today.

Some FAT Jumbos with THE MAKI and Loby in the back.

I limited on Jumbos today at a Lake nestled in Mad Co.

It isn't C either...I am waiting for an invite for that one.

Be safe everyone...until next time!

Chef

Well guys we didn't do much of anything today guys. Driving conditions were excellt this morning...We had a dry road going down to the lake this morning and a wet road back because of the freezing rain we had for about 2 hours this a.m. Trap was starting to drip and then it was over about 20 min. later.

We cut quite afew holes and put on the spread and we just didn't mark many fish. I was lucky in 12' of water towards the end of my afternoon on the ice, and then my sgreen was full and it was tyhe biggest school I have seen in a while, got me excited well They were 6 straight out succession before they moved along and they were all 6 - 7"ers., I caught 2 keepers and missed a couple of fish and caught a couple of big rock bass. Today's honor got Jimmy (samsonseeker73's Dad Big Jim \:\) He caught two nice sized eater walleye's a 16" and an 18". Frank, Mike, and Jim and Jim made the trec down to the lake. Good fishing with you guys! grin.gif Hope Frank got em late he stayed when we left him at 1:20 p.m.

Way to go Big Jim, early on a sonar in 15' \:\)

1000975xs0.jpg

Big Jim with #2, Great job!

1000978aw0.jpg

Chunky Rock Island Red \:D

1000976xe5.jpg

Jr. with a dandy. ;\)grin.gif

1000977qz2.jpg

Timmy get's on the board!

1000979cj6.jpg

Pretty Rocky..

1000980mk0.jpg

Shot of the guys and one other group in the background..

1000981sz3.jpg

Mike M., take for the slow day. Sorry Mike the ones with you holding them didn't come out confused.gif

1000982tw4.jpg

The ice we cut was good out to 34' to 35', good, black ice at least 6 - 8" worth but out past 35' to 38' and that's over the push-up ridge it was 2.5" tops of black ice. Looked like the guys in the south end were in around 32' I'm sure the ice is better off that end. Okay guys gotta make the sausage for spaghetti.