• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Congratulations buzzsaw!!

Dbl

Let me be the first to congratulate buzzsaw, aka Mike Lentz on winning first place in National Camera's fall photo contest. It is a beautiful photo of a junco against a rainbow of fall colors. Nice work Mike grin.gif

Way to go Mike! CONGRATULATIONS!!! IMHO yours is truly the best in the show. I do think however that the squash should have been second, very nice colors on that one as well. Way to go Mike, it's not just those of us here that know you do top notch work! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Oh geez, Dan!! blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

Thanks guys, I appreciate your kindness. I think my friend Adam (3rd place) deserved first place, his shot was far more appealing to my eye! It's truly wierd how everybodys interpretation of what is good is different from the next guys. I judged the shots based on what I'd rather have up on my wall at home and thats why I liked the third place shot best... but thats just me. Here is the picture.

87643587.jpg

When Nat cam scanned the picture I turned in and re-sized it for the web it made it soft on their HSOforum.... me being anal again...

Quote:

Thanks Wife and Yak! Time to go get some new ink for the Canon Pixma 9000 printer and some Ilford paper now on nat cams dime.
grin.gif

I bought my backpack on their dime -- I won the fall contest two years ago, LOL! It's a small world in the forum/photo world!

Quote:

bought my backpack on their dime -- I won the fall contest two years ago, LOL! It's a small world in the forum/photo world!

Congrats Cheryl! Free is good! I was kinda hoping for a D300. grin.gif

It felt good to win as I've never entered into a contest for money with any of my pics before. confused.gif

Thanks Jim!

Quote:

It felt good to win as I've never entered into a contest for money with any of my pics before.

It does feel good -- it was the first thing I'd ever entered and on the day they said they'd announce the winners, I didn't hear anything so I just figured I hadn't won anything. So I was thrilled the next day when a girl called and said I'd got first place.

Anyway, I love that photo of yours, the detail in the junco is amazing and the way it stands out from the background.

Quote:

Anyway, I love that photo of yours, the detail in the junco is amazing and the way it stands out from the background.

Thanks again, Cheryl. I spend a fair amount of time in my backyard (as Dan here has seen and can attest) what I generally do is set up my backgrounds far enough behind the subject so as to get that sweet bokeh as well as try to look for different perches for my feathered friends. In the end, the effort up front makes a difference. wink.gif