• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lakes near Fargo

Plenty of lakes close by. Check the DL forum, like harvey lee suggested. Keep your ears open for lakes that are to the West of DL and you'll shorten your drive.

What are you interested in fishing for?

Right now looking to go after some walleye, perch or crappie. Anybody ever try any lakes down by Hankinson and down by the ND/SD border? I guess im looking to explore more on the ND side, Looking for a little bit of a change up from the DL area.

Do some searchs from past winters of my post for the Jamestown Resevior. Jamestown would be about 1.5 drive. DL is another great place to head too. Plenty of walleyes out there to keep one entertained not always the biggest but that goes in streaks too. Should be pretty close to ready to fish out there by next weekend.

Hey Red truck, I was wondering about grass lake you mentioned. What is happening to make the fishing so good. Flooding, or the spawn? lake growing? And I love norhern fishing so how are the northerns in this lake? Any body with info please let me know. Thank you

I have no idea if grass lake has been stocked recently but for the past few year they have had excess rains in the spring which have caused the lake to grow. The GW did mention that they netted over a 1000 northerns on the north part of the lake. I believe the lake has northern, perch, some walleyes, and some crappies.

Also tried Grass this last week, but got out there late and had no luck. Apparently the pike don't bite after sundown, which we found holds true. Having a bad go at it so far this winter...hope i have a turn of luck here soon fellas!

mad.gif

I live in Fargo and spent a few winters fishing the closer MN lakes, the last couple i have focused on

ND lakes. And to be honest, i'd rather fish the ND lakes. I grew up in northern MN and to me the fishing in the DL area for the most part is not good and isn't even close to "MN Fishing". Either from over fishing or over developement. Not that there isn't good fishing, but to me it's a numbers game and my success rate in ND is far larger then it was in DL/Cormorant area. As for ND Lakes - A few of my favorites so far this year. Ashtabula (Always catch eyes), Pipestem, Jamestown Res, Audobon, Brewer and of course Devils Lake. There is also a few smaller lakes i go. Best advice is to go the states DNr site and check stocking/net rates. From there print a map. Successful fishing for me starts long before i hit the water.

I have not been to horseshoe yet this year, but heard the jumbo perch are doing well. Last year was very good to us. Also try the ditch sloughs near lidgerwood. You will see activity on them, and you will know you are on the right one.