• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shed Hunting

DeanoB

the last pic is sweet those thing got some mass. got little dinky eyeguards. sweet find by all means. havent had time to get out latly to find any, been to busy and to much dam snow kepts fallin

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went out today hiked through probably 30-60 acres of all private land - countless deer trails, deer beds, deer sign you name it. needless to say, still have yet to find a shed. Not to mention I found some guy looking for shed out there as well as trespassing. GEEZ. And I thought I could get away from the competition by looking on private land. This is just ridiculous, only thing I have found is that it's not worth my time. I have better odds catching a musky or catching a looper. The guy never saw me, I could hear him coming from a mile away. Loud cell phone talker.

I have found nothing the last couple of weeks, but havn't been out more than a couple hours either. A friend was driving around SE Minnesota near Caledonia today and asked a farmer for permission where a lot of heavy trails crossed the road. He came out with one set and 3 singles. Sometimes it goes that way. I know he walked dozens of hours to find the 1st five and then 2 hours netted the last five.

Yeah its been slow for the freak as of late. It was a perfect weekend to get out, but my old man was up to help me work on my basement, so i was stuck in doors. I will get out this afternoon for a while though. I have 7 on the year so far. I believe at this time last year I was at the same tally, so Im still hopeful Ive got some success ahead of me. I went on a tear for a while last spring, the thing was though that I was laid off and could walk all day every day. So Im not alotted as much time as last year but im making the most of what I have, Ill post em as soon as I find em. Ill have pics up by next weekend, thats a PROMISE!

I was down visiting a friend in SW Iowa and snapped a few photos to share. He lives on a large tract of land and they have picked up over 200 sheds so far this year. This is a photo of the biggest set. Scores 209 inches with two major tines broke off the right antler. The left antler scores 120 inches by itself.

Snows012.jpg

These are 4 nice ones out of the box, the set in the middle has a 5 point brow on the right antler that are each several inches long splayed out like fingers.

Snows006.jpg

This is the owners bow kill from last year that scored high 190's. The sheds are from 2005 off the same deer.

Snows017.jpg

the freak will be filling this thread with some pictures after this weekend! Im going out of town on a shedding trip with 4 buddies. Im planning on picking up a few. Dawn til dusk all weekend. Ill post the pictures sunday night or monday.