• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Photo Sharing... Panfish on Ice!!!

Corey Bechtold

Well I went out on saturday with my dad and his buddy from high school. We were in his permanent ice shack and watched the football game while getting into some slabs. We used crappie minnows on small jigs and red hooks under a bobber. We were in a 40 foot hole on the middle of the lake. Here is a picture of an 11 and a 12 incher.

01-12-08_1736.jpg

01-12-08_1735.jpg

Then on sunday I went out in the evening with my two buddys on a new lake, I had no lake map either. So I just found a little inside corner of the shoreline that I liked next to some submerged trees that were partially out of the ice. My marcum red like we were on the dead sea until 4:20 hit, then it was fast and ferious for close to an hour. We were in about 13 feet of water using small jigs tipped with larva. My buddy got his first ever fish through the ice at the age of 25, I hope he had as much fun as I did. Here is a couple nice sunfish that we managed.

01-13-08_1741.jpg

01-13-08_1943.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality, on both outings I forgot my camera and had to use the camera on my phone.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMG_0675-1.jpg

Heres one of my twin boys with a decent crappie. Its actually from last year,but, I was trying to upload an avatar, and it told me that it was the wrong type of photo? So I thought I would try it on this thread. This way seems to work.

Quote:
I was trying to upload an avatar, and it told me that it was the wrong type of photo? So I thought I would try it on this thread. This way seems to work.

Yeah I had that problem recently until I tried all img/url codes from Photobucket and it was the first URL code under the pic that works.

Them some nice slabs; sure do get my blood rushing. It's been almost a week since I've been out and I'm having withdrawls but I may have to suck it in. My wife agreed to let me get a sled, so I'm picking up my first on Tuesday, a nice 2up 4 stroke Arctic Cat T660. I promised to finish the painting in the house and put in the fireplace before I got to use it so I'll have to get crackin. Isn't it a shame what's needed to get me motivated grin.gif

Was out fishing crappies when this Bull gill grabbed my minnow. After I pulled this one up through the hole I tried hard to catch more gills, but only crappies would bite. Guess the rumor of big gills in the lake are true. Now if I could find more of them.

PC230212-1.jpg

Hope you guys don't mind an Indiana gill on here. I caught this yesterday in a northern Indiana lake. 11 inches and 10 1/4 inch girth. He was photographed and released. These big gills are rare...I had to do it. Now for a bigger one!

Picture023.jpg

Picture025.jpg