• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Reports? Its almost time!

Its lookin like some of the lakes west of here around arlington and Lake Preston are freezing up alright. 2-3" right now on the smaller shallower (perch) lakes and the deeper (walleye/crappie) lakes like thompson, sinai, 81 lakes are still opening spots. They should be good to go by the weekend. As for thursday morning I am thinking of hitting some of the smaller shallower lakes for some jumbos and eyes! With the colder temps 4-5" should be about right for then. Guess we'll see what happens, eh??

Oh, and be smart to anyone who decides to walk out on the ice. Bring a spud out and bop the ice when you are walking out should help ya find the good ice.

Driving back along Highway 12 tonight, it looked like Blue Dog Lake in Waubay was frozen over, and Rush Lake between Webster and Waubay appears to be frozen over, as well.

Most of the small ponds and sloughs are also frozen over. My buddies lab wandered out on the ice on Mina Lake the other day...the areas of Mina and Richmond that are out of the wind are also frozen over.

I would think that anything that is frozen over as of tonight will be walkable by the weekend, given the forcast.

Quote:

Dustin, You better get out fishing while you can. After New years she owns you
grin.gifgrin.gif

cory! you don't understand, she is more excited to get out and fish than I am. I guess I am a lucky man!

we will have to hook up and shoot some roosters and ice fish one of these days.

Doesn't anybody read this forum. Kampeska had 9" so far i have only been able to pull in a bunch of little bait stealing walters all under the slot and one nice 10 inch perch. Ive been out about 6 times fishing an hour or so before sunset in the evenings till and hour after dark.

i read it but nobody posts here any more. I have been out a couple times just around sioux falls with limited success.

Ice making has to be full steam ahead with the temps lately. I am hoping to be able to get my quad out and start being a little more mobile now.

Most of my free time on the weekends will be spent pheasant hunting, once the seasons over I plan to hit the ice more.

I've been doing the same thing...more pheasant hunting up until now. Four of us out hunting today, eight birds. Not bad. But the weather is certainly fit for ice fishing.

Might be time to put away the shotgun and get the ice gear ready...