• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Forum Names

Lisa Almquist

This might actually go down as the dumbest post ever-but here goes...How did some people come up with their forum names? I know some are obvious-mine is a combo of my nickname and then my real name. After seeing some peoples, I wish I were a little more clever and then my friends/family/hubby wouldn't know it was me!

Lisa

Several years ago now, I was just a FM lurker (god forbid posting). A friend of mine (Huskminn) asked me to go on an FM get together on Mille Lacs and do some fishing on a launch. I didn't know a soul and of course I didn't have a handle either. Talk about feeling out of place! All these people calling each other by their handles, man it was weird, but in a good way! Well, after about 13,14 beers and maybe a whiskey drink or two, sitting around the camp fire I pulled out my harmonica and started playing and singing the blues until the the wee hours of the morning.

Bear is a nick name, and thus Harmonica Bear was born.

That seems like a long time ago, but it was a darn good time.

Lisa,

Mine is for my home town, the Windy City, and what I like to do in MN, hunt walleye. It's weird but since I have been a posting fool for about the past three years, people have actually stopped me on the water in Cass Lake and asked me if I was the Windy City Walleye Hunter, then they tell me that they love my posts. I tend to get a bit boisterous on the sports threads, especially with the Twins and Viking fans, but it is all in good natured ribbing. So there is my two cents!

Windy

I thought the Windy part was all the hot air about your White Sox and Bears. grin.gif

Fishyguy was picked because I did not care. I thought I was going to make one post to find out what I needed to know and didn't ever really plan on coming back. Here I am, a couple of Twins/White Sox arguments with the aforementioned Windy later, along with a little give and take on the outdoors with people and I am still here.

CALVINIST is a Christian term. I am a calvinist because I belive in the "doctrines of grace", famously characterized by the acronym TULIP.

T=Total Depravity

U=Unconditional Election

L=Limited Atonement

I=Irristable Grace

P=Perserverance Of The Saints

Well, you asked!

Hey Lisa,

In college my work study job was as a student manager of the hockey rink, which meant I got to drive the Zamboni everyday. Yes, it is as fun as it looks. It is also more difficult than it looks.

Cool! You're so lucky! I can guess why they call you fishyguy too right? We have a gal in the Women's forum who gets to ride tractors around too. It beats the heck out of my Honda! tongue.gif At least we got a new truck...oh but I forgot...I NEVER get to drive that either! frown.gif

Lisa

My name comes from working with coax cable for almost 10 years. I installed residential cable TV, internet, digital telephone, and Voice-over-IP (VOIP). Need an additional outlet in the house? Got a cable question? I've got answers and solutions for those. However, I can't give you service, you have to pay for that.