• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need help on choosing new bow

I am in the market for a new bow. Currently I have been looking at the:

PSE Brute

Fred Bear Instint, Code, and The Truth

Diamond Rapture, Justice, and Triumph

Reflex Rampage, Growler and Ridgeline.

My price range is no more than $550. Right now I am leaning towards the Fred Bear Truth, PSE Brute or one of the Reflex bows. I plan on going to a pro shop and shooting some, if not all of these bows but i was just looking for some advice before I do that.

Take your time and find a good bow shop that can help you find a bow that fits you properly. Then its a matter of finding a bow that feels comfortable to you and that you feel confident with. Brand doesnt make much difference as most manufacturers are making pretty solid products. One more I would suggest is the Mission line of bows that are sold by Mathews. I have shot a couple of these, and for the price they seem to be a very good value. But as I said, the main thing is to find a bow that fits you properly and that you are comfortable with. the brands you listed are all good, just spend the time trying out a few to find one that you like.

Just take your time and shoot as many as you can. Find the right one that fits you the best. Diamonds are nice bows. But PSE makes some nice ones as well.

Make sure to got to a couple of different shops because not all shops carry the same toys.

Good Luck to you. Also check out some of the used ones as well. You can pick up some of the higher end ones for a good price.

Lets us know what you ended up with.

Thanks

Mike

as others have said... get out there and shoot soem bows.. My advice always is to take a pen a paper and write down what you liked and disliked about each bow right after you shot it.. that way you dont have to rely on your memory. The price of a bow is not as important as getting a bow that fits you properly and feels good in your hands.

I work in the archery department of the Forest Lake Gander Mountain. This is a good time of year to come in and shoot some bows and see how they feel. We have several of the ones you listed.

I agree that selecting the right bow depends more on your personal preference for the bow than the name on the limbs. make sure you are properly fitted for draw length and draw weight prior to making a purchase. I shoot a BowTech Commander and have been very happy with it.

vince,

since you work at gander do you know if they take trade ins.

i have a handgun i dont use and am thinking of trading in for a bow or semi shotgun preferably straigt up but i could cover the difference..actually my wife would as father day gift.