• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Too Old??

zelek

A buddy just told me last night that he'd sell me his 1988 Honda TRX300FW Fourtrax wheeler for $700. He said it's got very, very low miles and it's been well taken care of. Anyone out there think this an ok deal?? He's going through a messy divorce and just wants to get rid of it.

All I'm looking for is something to pull my portable fish house around with in the winter time. That $700 price tag is sure looking much better than that of a new Honda Rincon!! cool.gif Thanks for the input fellas!

Oh I realize it's a sweet machine and probably worth the money. It's just that for me, I'd rather not spend $8000 plus on a wheeler right now. The wife says I'm saving it for the nursing home. wink.gif Hey...have you checked out the rinconriders site?? If not, take a look and I think you'll like what you see. You have to register to access most of it.

I've seen the site, but haven't registered yet.

As far as the cost of a new Rincon, mine was approx. $7700 out the door. Now it's time to start adding a couple necessities. Tires will be first followed by skid plates.

I have a '92 trx 300 that has taken some SERIOUS beatings and it still starts and runs like a champ. I paid 2300.00 for mine four years ago (sounds high but you should have seen it then) and it has been worth every penny I paid for it. 700.00 sounds like a stellar deal.

Go ahead and grab it. My brother in law has the same unit and is a farmer. He is not the kind to take great care of things and the auto graveyard in the pasture proves it. Everyone that goes to the farm pounds the dump out of that thing and it has yet to see the mechanic. It shows it's age and abuse but the darn thing is like a timex. I am a Polaris guy but he has pulled many of his buddies home from a coon hunt on their Polaris's.

I'm still running the '84 TRX200 that is just shy of 13,000 miles on it. Oil changes, occasional new tires, and cleaning the air filter once in a while. Honda's from that time are almost indestructible.