• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sopranos final season??

eyehead

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just watched it last night (gotta love Tivo!) and I was just nervous the whole episode who was going to get "whacked"! The thrill is gone for me now that I know we in the final episodes. HBO seems to love to get a person pulled into a series and then just yank the carpet ride from under you as soon as your hooked (remember Carnival? And no more Rome!). I'm scared Deadwood won't come back.

Lisa

LT....Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Sopranos have been on for a number of years? We only started watching it maybe 2-3 years ago.

I don't think any series is gonna go on and on like "Days Of Our Lives" or one of those? All the good series have a limited run, Seinfield, All In The Family, Everybody Loves Raymond, etc. some longer then others.

You know, I'm not sure why, but we can't get into watching reruns of the Sopranos, episodes that we have already seen in the past?

Yet, we can watch reruns of Raymond and a number of other series that have been discontinued, reruns that we have already seen? I think this odd winter that keeps recycling has made us goofy?

I think I saw where the Sopranos have been on for ten years but there has only been 100 shows. And it has an ongoing story line. Shows like Raymond are all neatly done in 30 minutes. No need to have seen the previous shows to understand what is going on. Deadwood was cancelled during the third and final season. There was talk of a movie to wrap it all up but nothing became of it. Not really a lot of good television out there to watch. Looking forward to fishing that's for sure.

Wow! Tonights episode was really exciting! Geez, had me on the edge of my seat for the full hour....not! Man, I almost got up and started doing the Sunday crossword!

I hope this is all going someplace? One place is probably the country, where Chris will be buried, along with a copy of his movie!

Quote:

Wow! Tonights episode was really exciting! Geez, had me on the edge of my seat for the full hour....not! Man, I almost got up and started doing the Sunday crossword!

I hope this is all going someplace? One place is probably the country, where Chris will be buried, along with a copy of his movie!

Anytime now .. it has been slow, waiting for THE final story to start up..

Here's an interesting thought guys,

The shirt, fiber, hair, DNA, whatever will toast Bobby and he rolls on Tony to save himself from the needle. I say he cuts a deal with the feds, wears a wire, whatever necessary to save himself and Tony will do himself in because he is the one who goaded Bobby into the hit. How's that for an ending story line?

Windy

Another drama, action filled segment! Old Caroto peeing his pants and the guys at the table, one wearing a colostomy bag, making fools of themselves in front of the expensive young call girls.....can't wait till next week!

Something just dawned on me......? This is scary, but if you put a dishwater blond, shoulder length wig on Caroto, he would look just like my brothers girlfriend! She's about as mean as him also! grin.gif

this entire season has been weak!! let's see some action!!! although I thought Tony was thinking about whacking Paulie. When they were on the boat, he kept staring at knives, hatchets, etc. Seemed irritated w/ him also.

I sure am hoping that this is not going to fall into Tony getting a gambling problem and we have to go through that. Jr showed some flashes of what he used to be like, not the lovable old uncle..

Quote:

Another hour of setting up the end of the show (possible hits, retirement, and inditments). Hurry up already let's get to the good stuff.......

This is what I said last monday and I feel the same way today, come on already......

BB....Gambling might not be Tony's worst problem....I think them meatball sandwiches and all the rest of the junk he eats, on the set and in his real life, are doing a number on him!

Man, has he gotten huge....with that bad posture, his head looks like it's sticking straight out of his chest! Looks like a big heavy set Condor!

Robert DeNiro gained alot of weight to play the roll of an over the hill Jake Lamotta, but I think the Big T is just to hungry, to often! That little wisp he was with probably felt like she had VW on her chest!

I think he will die of a heart attack, or be hospitalized again and someone will come in and off him in his bed!

Maybe it will be that Asian guy that worked over Caroto? No, wait, that author that got kneed in the Johnson by Caroto? The wisp he smashed at the hotel? The Asian guys ma? Such suspense! tongue.gif

Lots of setup going on. Drives me nuts, but I think it will be worth it.

Carmella putting the bug in Tony's ear about Chris's storlyline in the Cleaver movie.

Tony's continuing aggravition with Paulie's mouth.

Bobby's discontent/disrespect of Tony and the drunken Monoploy fight.

Junior's slip into and out of senility.

Phil Leonetti getting tired of being a diplomat.

Only Chris and Tony really know what happened to Ralphie - That has to make Tony nervous. You cant wack a captain with out a sanction.

That unresolved story line with the Russian guy in the woods from a few years ago.

I wonder when Silvio is going to get sucked into the mix?

Sooooo may ways this thing can go.

I have a new theory how this thing is going to end, Paulie gets caught for not having the documented income that Tony was just talking about, then he testifies against Tony, who goes to jail for the rest of his life.

It's perfect becuase everyone has been saying that Tony Sirico (paulie) has it in his contract that he can never be a rat on the show, therefor no one is expecting it.

Ok, I just watched the new 'Tony goes gambling and loses' episode and am getting tired waiting for some action. Does anyone know how many episodes are left? HBO HSOforum doesnt say.

It's sad, last episodes and seems like the writers just phoned them in.

Tired of waiting for something to happen,

Tim

There are 5 episodes left . I think that Tony personally wacks Phil , is that the guy who Ok'd Vito getting it , the big boss . You can tell that Tony really misses Vito , not just for the money , but because they were friends . He is not going to let them get away with it .

Bart,

I would have to agree with you, the season is just kind of sputtering along like they had all the time in the world to wrap this thing up. 5 weeks left and still nothing is getting started. OK so Tony gets cranky again but then he seemed to calm down after giving Hesh his $200,000 bag. Is this the calm before the storm? I sure hope so. This thing had better go out with a huge bang rather than a whimper or I will really be dissappointed. Other seasons ended with a yawn but you knew you had another season to go. This is the end, my friend (pardon my Doors-ism)

Windy