• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kids Wheeler

Mudcat21

Looking at getting my daughter a four wheeler....The battery powered JD Tractor isn't cutting it anymore for her wink.gif Has anyone purchased a Kazuma 50cc? I refuse to pay big bucks for a name brand wheeler when they will out grow it so fast.

I don't have any experience with the chinese branded machines, but used to have a Polaris Scrambler 90 for my sons. I don't regret for one second with going to a name brand machine.

A couple benefits are parts and service you get with the majority of name brand machines. Not to mention that you can get the majority of your money back when you try to sell the machine as long as it's in good condition.

As a MN DNR instructor, I would strongly recommend NOT buying a machine that you think she can grow into. I weigh 205 lbs and that Scrambler 90 would flat out haul some tail with me on it. Granted, most of these machines can be governed down with a throttle limiter, but there is always that element of risk of injury in the event that limiter would vibrate loose and allow for excessive speeds.

Some of the 50cc machines even have a tether so you can walk behind the machine and pull the cord to kill it if your daughter would turn somewhere she isn't suppose to go.

I would also like to point out that the Scrambler 90 was a 2-stroke machine. The 4-stroke machines will be an easier machine to handle with the mild throttle response as compared to a 2-stroke.

Suzuki, Yamaha,Kawasaki(same as Suzuki) and Honda actually make their own machines. All the other ones including the polaris are Taiwanese with name brand stickers on them.Not sure of the Bombarier though. With this being said there are alot of wheelers to choose from.The Big three are all reliable machines, and will get you most of your $ back when you resale them. I bought a Dinli for my boy, and haven't had any issues yet? Eton is a popular brand also. It's kind of a dump shoot with the Taiwanese quads. I would say if you have a great dealer near you that would play into the decision big time, as they will fix it or get you parts.

I bought a Kazuma 110 a couple of years ago and I couldn't be happier. I was in the same boat as you are until my neighbor bought a Kazuma. He was more or less my guinnea pig on if it was worth buying, and it was. I paid around $950 for my kids' wheeler and another friend of mine bought a polaris 90 for his kids and paid around $2500.

ATV safety class schedule is posted on the DNR site

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/safety/vehicle/atv/index.html

My boys have been running Polaris, Eton and Kymco ATVs, 50cc-300cc

Haven't had any problems with the Kymco, Eton or Polaris (built by Eton). You've already got some pretty good advise from the others, too.

I bought a 110 Kazuma Panda 3 years ago, worked fine until we got it a little to wet. My son was trying to keep up with us in some sloppy stuff instead of taking the "high road". Need a good and reasonable place to have it looked at. Any ideas in the south metro. Or someplace that will take it in on a trade for a new "big boy toy".

Quote:

lep7,

When are you having the next atv training course for youth in lesueur? Dave?

I'll be getting one set up by the end of April. I want to make sure I get a course done before the trails open for the spring season.

Keep an eye here in the ATV forums and on the DNR site which Dave posted the link to and my course will be posted in either place.

Once I get through this weekend of putting 2 pets down tomorrow and my turkey clinic on Saturday at Scheels in Mankato, I'll have the course set up.

Dave

I bought one of those chinese 50cc wheelers for my son almost 2 years ago. The thing still runs like a top, and cost a fraction of the price of those name brand machines.

The one I bought even has a remote start/kill switch that you hold in your hand. Looks just like one you would have for a car to unlock doors, etc. Beats having to follow him around with the tether cord. You could never keep up, that little thing really goes! But if he does something stupid I have the power to instantly shut him down.

Also, like lep7mm said, dont get a machine that is too big hoping she will grow into it. Look at a copy of the regs and it will tell you how to fit test an ATV for your youngster.

Stay safe, and have fun.

Quote:

Quote:

lep7,

When are you having the next atv training course for youth in lesueur? Dave?

I'll be getting one set up by the end of April. I want to make sure I get a course done before the trails open for the spring season.

Keep an eye here in the ATV forums and on the DNR site which Dave posted the link to and my course will be posted in either place.

Once I get through this weekend of putting 2 pets down tomorrow and my turkey clinic on Saturday at Scheels in Mankato, I'll have the course set up.

Dave

Dave,

Do you need any help at your ATV youth training? I am a certified instructor as of last year but I have not been involved in a class yet. We would like to get a class going here in Belle Plaine in the future. Let me know if you need any help, I would be glad to do it.

What time is your turkey seminar on sat? I missed the one you had in Le Seuer and was thinking of going tomorrow night to the one at Gander in Lakeville.

Dave W.

Dave and Dave,

Thanks for the condolences. Both pets the wife and I have had since we've been together and it's going to be a hard thing to do, but necessary.

Big Dave,

I will try to have my course set up by this coming Tuesday and I will post back here with a definite date. I am always willing to accept a little help as that's been tough to come by these days. The last couple courses I did last year, I had to fly solo since none of my helpers showed.

As for the turkey clinic at Scheels, it will be tomorrow (Saturday) from 1-4. Go in the back entrance into the store by customer service, and hang a left. The course will be in a conference room downstairs.

I bought a Honda TRX 90 for my boys in 2000 and sold it last fall for still more that half the new cost. I only had to adjust the chain once and brakes twice and kept good oil in it. We ran the thing all the time. Just a thought if you are thinking about the next one you have more to play with when you replace the little one.