• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sunrises and Sunsets

Caseymcq lake vermillion is a beautiful lake. The views upon it must be breath taking at times. DanceswithWaves why are your photos so old school looking? Have they been scanned? The look gives them a interesting feel.

Here is a photo I took only an hour ago. I was standing in the lake looking at my place on Andrusia lake, sure is a rough place to live while going to college. smile.gif

P4241235.jpg

Some more beautiful pictures have been posted! I love looking at pictures! Im also a scrapbooker, so I end up taking a ton. smile.gif

Troy...you do have it rough, living on the lake while going to college. What do you want to be when you grow up?

Here are a couple more pictures. The first one is of the sunrise~ neat to see the fog. The second picture is out on Rainy Lake in the boat. I remember my b/f and I had a great day of fishing! It was perfect weather!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Fishing Queen were you riding on chair lift for the first photo? The gull on the second photo looks as if it is absorbing up all the suns warming rays it can.

CaseyMCQ yes I do attend Bemidji State University. I am majoring in Business Administration with an Emphasis in Small Business Management. My plans are to take over my father's and my uncle's business, Fideldy Bros Well Drilling, located in Grand Rapids with my older brother next summer. I want to continue and grow a family tradition passed down from my great-grand father to my father and now onto my generation. Like my father always says I plan on never growning older, just alittle wiser. smirk.gif

Here are some various sunsets take in Alaska. Some were taken from an airplane window and some were taken on the back of a Ferry on the Marine Highway. Pictures were taken with a Canon 35mm EOS 2000.

[image]sunsetfromplanewindow2.jpg[/image]

[image]sunsetfromplanewindow.jpg[/image]

Back of the BOat:

[image]backofmarineferrysunset.jpg[/image]

[image]backofboatsunset3.jpg[/image]

[image]backofboatsunset2.jpg[/image]

Picture of a sunrise from Cancun a day before hurricane Emily pounded the coastline.

DSC00020.jpg

Sunset from a field behind our development.

DSC_0006.jpg

Now a question on this one: Why are the reds and oranges so strong? muddled? I don't know how to describe them other than they don't look right. How can I remedy this?

DSC_0016.jpg

One more question: Is it possible to "show" all of the camera settings for a particular photo online. I can right click on a photo (posted in this forum) and select properites, and it just gives a few details. When I right click on a photo from my computer I am able to view all of the camera settings etc. I think it would be helpful for everyone if they could see all of the settings for a particular photo. If that is not possible, is there a way to "stamp" the photo with these details, or do I have to copy them manually?

Thanks

Sparkyaber, Your photos are neat and cloroful as they are. The Hurricane photo has a scary story behind it, like the storm was evilly grinning before hitting hard.

The biggest question I have for you is what is your camera and what where your settings when you take the photos? Using my Olympus Stylus 600 point-shoot set on the "sunset" setting and on "superHighQuality", I am able to take brighter, detailed and more vivid photos of the sun setting. I am no expert, post on thread for more to see with more knowledge than I. Keep the pictures coming.

I have a Nikon D50 camera. The second two were taken with that camera. The Cancun picture was taken with a sony point and shoot dsc-10, I think, that camera recently bit the dust. As for the settings, that is the reason for the second post, it would be easier if you could just look under the details of any photo and see the settings. When I get a chance I will add the settings to the above photos.

Thanks.

Esox, those are great. Everyone great thread, lots of great shots. I'll share a couple, first try.

Crappie poppin'...

DSC_3760_resize.jpg

Post sunset, noctiluscent clouds...

DSC_3743_resize.jpg

Although not tied to the thread title:

Moonrise...

DSC_5061_resize.jpg