• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

License for 2 portables

RAJ

I've been thinking about buying a one man portable to use when i'm out by myself. I'm asuming if I did, I've have to buy another license to put on it. Does anyone know for sure? I was thinking about getting a pack shack, but where would you put your tag and all the other info the DNR wants? I still don't understand why you need a license on a portable.... confused.gif

I use one of the backtag license holders that Wisconsin and Mighigan use for deer hunting. I place my drivers license # on paper then put in my shelter license of course visable through the front plastic,then clip the pin on the door zipper zipper. It's been real easy and economical to move back and forth to my 2 shelters (traps).

Quote:

Cant you just get a duplicate shelter license like we do for fishing licenses. I think it was $7 when I lost my fishing license.

I would suppose you could do that but do they ask why you need a duplicate? I do the same as you mentioned I just transfer the tag. But just as Deitz mentioned don't forget the tag when you switch blush.gif

Yes you can. But beware that a duplicate license is for a lost license, not as another one. It is considered evasion if you use the original and duplicate at the same time. Odds of getting caught are near none, but probably expoensive if you do. Brent

I got a duplicate fishing license because I misplaced my old one. Found it and put the extra one in the boat. I assume it would be legal to just get a second copie for the boat but Im not sure.

I also would assume it would be leagal to get a copy to put on a extra shack. Heck it would just mean more $ for our DNR. If not Ill just keep taking the shelter license off 1 and put on the other.

I personely think a shelter license is a good thing. Maybe a bit expensive for us out of staters but I think the DNR needs the $. Plus it helps take care of the costs for all of the knuckleheads that leave their houses out to freeze in and never get them. Plus all the dang $ it takes to patrol all the icehouses being broken into or stolen and used for meth labs.

I mounted my liscense on a piece of plexiglass with a quick clip aluminum carbineer(commonly used for keeping keys on belt loops nowadays) and then when I finish for the day I take it off and attach it to my fishing backpack. I always have it with me when fishing that way even if I am fishing out of someone elses house! I too use my one tab between my two portables but have to buy a second tag for the permanent shack.

Tunrevir~

this raises a question about the placement of fishing shelters- DNR handbook states that the distance between 2 structures can be no less than 10 feet from one another. But I suppose when linked with a device, the 2 wholes become 2 halves. I'm sure someone will have an issue with this somewhere, probably sooner than later, and then our legislatures will have to spin their wheels and blow some more of our tax dollars to re-word the law; thus adding even more b.s. to worry about. It sure would be nice to travel back in time.........

Quote:

this raises a question about the placement of fishing shelters- DNR handbook states that the distance between 2 structures can be no less than 10 feet from one another. But I suppose when linked with a device, the 2 wholes become 2 halves. I'm sure someone will have an issue with this somewhere, probably sooner than later, and then our legislatures will have to spin their wheels and blow some more of our tax dollars to re-word the law; thus adding even more b.s. to worry about. It sure would be nice to travel back in time.........

As long as all parties are okay being within 10 ft. you are good to go. I really hope that they do not find it necessary to rewrite the handbook to clarify this.

the parties may be O.K. with it, but the CO might not. I am pretty sure the law is written in regards to sturdy framed "permanent" shelters, but I was listening to Brad Shultz (Chisago area CO) on Bear Facts and Fish Tales the other night, and he basically said NO shelter is permanent, and he didn't care what material it was made of-a shelter is a shelter.

I do not know why a CO would have a problem with people being within 10 ft. as long as no one was complaining about it.

I understand what you are stating, I do not see the point of a CO coming in to break it up...Other than trying to be a BUTT about the situation. What could people possibly be doing being that close? I have been with a group of people of 5 or 6 houses. We were out to fish, but, to also, get caught up with each other (friends from school) to see how everybody was doing, we made a point to meet on X lake. We were fishing and talking, mostly talking. As long as you are not being excessively loud, not causing a great commotion I do not see a problem with it, they can come out and see what is going on, if we choose to be set up like that, leave us alone. On a side note: we were not close to other people, and, since we were so close, we did not have to shout.

I have to agree that a shelter is a shelter, it should not matter what it is made of. I really fail to see the point of enforcing the 10 ft. rule if the parties involved do not mind having this set up. I thought that the 10 ft. rule was more or less in the rule book to force space between fisherpeople that do not want to be close. Otherwise you'd have someone parked on top of you. This forces them to give some space.

Quote:

Quote:

If you have two Fishtraps conected with a trap link do you need two licenses?

NO...... grin.gif

PierBridge ,

Did you confirm this with a CO or the DNR or is this something you heard? I just got a trap-link for my Yukon and 5600 and have not been able to get a for sure answer. Thanks