• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HotSpotOutdoors (HSO) Artic Armor suits

jphersh22

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I showed them to my wife and told her that they float and she said "order them now". I am dump with sizes so some input before the order would be nice.

I am 6'0" and 225 lbs.

31" inseam for the pants and 40" waist.

Dan what size do you figure that I should order? Top and bottom guesses would be good. I will order once you reply.

Thanks

mnfish

If you fall in with Arctic Armor on, you will get wet but you won't sink. It will allow you some time to get to safe ice because it will float you like an air mattress. The water will drain out, but if you have jeans on for instance they will be soaked eventually. After you get out, your body heat (if there's any left) will warm you back up. It does not prevent hypothermia, or like my daughter said to me tonight "hyperthermia". She has that almost always! I don't know why they look like Ice Armor? Do they? I haven't studied Ice Armor, but don't most ice suits and rain gear look similar? I think so. All I do know is that you will be happy to have this stuff on when you are out on the ice, period.

Walleyedan

Ordered my suit at 3:00 yesterday and it was at my door at 11:30 today. Thanks, tried it on and fits great. I have a couple of people want to see it already. Might be getting a few more calls from here. Jerry.

I also bought a set from Walleyedan - ordered it on a Thursday and had it before I left for fishing on Friday a.m. I have used it 2 weekends and it is the best gear I have ever owned (Including Goretex, Cabelas stuff, Gander Mountain brand, etc.). I wore Arctic Armor on a 3 hour 4 wheeler ride in the rain pulling my fish house off Mille Lacs on New Years Eve and I was totally dry. Had to change my underwear when I got in because I was scared ****** from the encounter but the Arctic Armor stood up well. I will use it this weekend in colder weather so that will be another test on it also.

I would recommend this to anybody and it could also save your life (hopefully I will never have to test that feature).

Pegleg,

That is a classic testamonial. I just got off of Gull after pulling two houses to different locations with my 4 wheeler, the wind was howling and all I had under my Arctic Armor jacket was Underarmor and a turtleneck, now I know why it is called Arctic Armor. Those of you that ordered today should have it tomorrow.

Thanks for all the good words guys.

Walleyedan

Arctic Armor also made my brother in law happy. My Brother in law didn't buy any, just that he gets all my hand me downs. I gave him my 2 year old rain gear and my winter weather bibs/jacket because I am going to use my Arctic Armor during both winter and summer. I think it is also a safety feature during the summer for those of us who don't wear life jackets all the time in the boat.

WalleyeDan,

I hope to pull the trigger if my wife lets me - maybe she wants me to sink though wink.gif But getting a good deal on a couple shotguns this weekend.

What size would I be - I am guessing XXL from your previous info:

5'11" - 6'

240 lbs.

38-40" levi waist

32"-34" length on levis (only way I know my sizes...)

XL Drake hunting fleece pullover fits perfect, but 2xl Columbia Quad Parka liner fits best for jacket type.

Sweatshirts are XXl usually.

Thanks, if I don't get it this winter, it will be this spring.

I ordered Wednesday and had the suit on my door this a.m.The pants fit great and the top is on its way back for a size exchange, but I must say that I am VERY impressed with the suit.

If you are debating buying one of these suits, go for it. I am stoked to get my top and Dan is a great guy to deal with!

Thanks for sending the small set to me Walleyedan.

The medium bibs and the small jacket are a perfect fit for me, even with a couple layers underneath.

If anyone else is ordering and trying to figure out sizes FYI I'm kind of lightweight (5'11 165 lbs)

Walleyedan, are you finding many people having to mix sizes? The jacket sizes are deceiving, I'm almost ALWAYS a medium in all clothing! But I'll take the small jacket, hey whatever works.

I'll be sending back the other portions to you tomorrow. Whether you get them Saturday or Monday, I don't know.

Do you have any opinion on that "Survivor All In One"? Looks like something really nice to have behind the pickup seat or in the boat glove box. How much can you sell it for? and is it worth a darn?

Anyway, thanks for the great service! I won't be shopping again for a suit for years! grin.gifgrin.gif

Fastlane,

You are right, you won't need another set-up for years. Most people wear matching sizes (top and bottom), but some do need to mix and match and that is an another advantage of Arctic Armor. You people that are wondering if you should go for it, should get yours ordered it is icredible gear for this type of weather. I was on Mille Lacs last night fishing outside with just an Underarmor shirt and a lightweight cotton shirt under my Arctic Armor Jacket and I wasn't touched by the wind or cold.

Walleyedan

Hi Fastlane,

The "All in One" is a cool. I had the regional rep give me the presentation and you are absolutely right, it would be perfect to have behind the seat in the truck. I will find out what I can sell them for and get back to you.

Thanks for that,

Walleyedan

p.s. 6 below here right now!