• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HotSpotOutdoors (HSO) Artic Armor suits

jphersh22

BTW - thanks Dan, got the jacket yesterday, less than 24 from ordering. Fast! It is much lighter and thinner than I expected, which is great. No prob in using this in all but the hottest of summer months as well. I am glad I ordered for sure!

For those wondering about sizes, I got XXL and it is a true XXL, not a "small xxl". I could probably use the XL about perfect, but this will fit with a fleece under it and still have elbow room, so it should be good.

We'll have to see on the bibs, as the XXL will be coming when the next order gets in, but I might actually need the XL (I have 40 waist, 6' tall). But I would rather then be bigger than smaller.

Anyway, I was one on the edge of wondering if they would be good, and I must say that so far I am very impressed. We'll see after spending this weekend out in the cold, but I am sure I am going to to glad. The jacket is sooo comfy and the pockets are right where you would want them (lots of pockets, but not in the way).

Thanks Dan!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Box - I ordered a full XXL suit and the bibs fit me great, I am about the same size you are. There is plenty of room for jeans and they are not to baggy if you were to go with just a pair of long johns.

I found the coat to be a bit large though and returned it waiting for an XL once the order comes in. I can't wait to have the full suit!

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for the kind words regarding our Arctic Armor Ice Fishing Suits. When we first introduced the suit in April '06, we were pleased with what we had to offer, but our concerns were what the "avid" fisherman would think. I have monitored the talk here for the past few weeks and what I have seen has really been refreshing.

I will continue to check in here on a regular basis to answer any questions or issues you may have. It is our goal at Innovative Designs to offer the best quality available at an affordable price.

Thanks again & good fishin'

Greg Domian

V.P. of Sales

Innovative Designs, Inc.

Dan - Any word on when the order will be in? I am off to a private pike tourney this weekened and have had a few folks say that they may be interested once they see the suit in person.

Sweet, thanks Dan! With the service that I received with this suit, I may have to look you up for a trip out on the pond once it thaws. Hope the results are just as good!

If you are questioning ordering from Dan, he is top notch. Don't hesitate!

Just a posting on sizes...I am 6' and 230 lbs. I ordered the XL and it is just right...not trying to post a personal ad or ANYTHING like that, but have a "larger" gut and the coat still has room for multipul layers, if needed. I usually wear XL to XXL in shirts, but would recommend an XL first, rather than an XXL. I also like the bibs to be longer to prevent the snug feeling, but XL was just right (have a 34" inseam).

Order from Walleye Dan...I don't know him from Adam, but he (and his wife) offer GREAT service, are friendly and respond quickly to e-mails and phone calls. I even called him at 8:30pm and he was able to assist.

You won't be disappointed with walleyedan's guiding skills. You think you received great customer service ordering the Arctic Armor wait until you see him in action on the lakes around Brainerd.

Dan, I used the Arctic Armor again this weekend in -6 degree weather. Road the 4 wheeler all around Mille Lacs and didn't get cold. So now I used it in Very rainy weather and very cold weather and I am very happy with it. Hopefully, I won't test the floating capabilities of Arctic Armor - just take your word on that it floats.

Hi guys,

Thanks. Pegleg, it always helps to have a good "stick" like you in the boat. If everyone could hook em like you (with not even letting any line out) there wouldn't be any fish left in this area. Will we ever forget the day you showed the guys on Whitefish how it was done? I don't think so!! Those darn guides!!

Glad you like the Armor and thanks for spreading the good word. Your friend sent me a hat and it is pretty cool, but like I told him I am already hooked up with and embriodery shop up here.

Walleyedan

I bought a suit from Dan about a month ago. Worth every penny. I'd been a carharts guy for years and now will never go back. If you fish out of a portable or on a bucket they can't be beat. Very comfortable, flexible, waterproof, just the right amount of padding in the rights spots, and warm. And there's the weakness. They are incredibly warm, almost too warm. Cut back on your layers underneath and think about what activity you will be doing. Not recommended for high activity. I haven't been cold yet, but have sweated

them out several times. The pockets and openings were designed very well. You can tell it was planed by an icefisherman

BullheadJoe,

You're not suppossed to chip spear holes while wearing Arctic Armor. Isn't that how you get bullheads in the winter? Glad you like it, we are hoping to sell a bunch to Extravaganzites. We'll see.

Thank you,

Walleyedan

I am going to get a set...but I need some size suggestions. I am 5'8" and 165 pounds...It sounds like these run big. I would fit a medium set of Ice Armor (Blue suit)...but I think I need a small in this. Those of you that have purchased...how do they fit compared to what you usually wear? I need to get it right as I dont want to have to send em all the way back!

Thanks

I have the XXL (as you have seen in all my previous ramblings wink.gif ) and I think they do run a bit bigger. I could actually fit in XL, but after using them now for 3 days straight, I am glad I got the XXL. They are WARM! The bibs are GREAT! The padded knees are a Godsend.

My only complaint so far is that I wish they would have the little "zipper tags" to help grab some of the zipper that don't have them. I also wish the bibs would have some big fuzzy hand warmer poskets on theside. They have big pockets, and slits for getting into your pant pockets easy (nice job on these) but I wore mainly the bibs without jacket today, and so didn't have the jacket hand warmers when returning to shack from tipups.

You will like these smile.gif

Hi Mike,

I did get your email, but it was right in the middle of the the Extravaganza hoopla and I was absolutely swamped. To answer your question, I'm not sure. But, your only choice right now is medium because the smalls are sold-out and we aren't expecting them in. I don't think there is a small set in the country right now that isn't spoken for.

Walleyedan