• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tice back to MN?

xedge2002

He was always a guy the players liked and that can go along way in the college ranks. You aren't dealing with the egos you deal with in the pros. His style isn't a great NFL style but I think it might work in the college ranks. I think players will want to play for him and he has enough RAH RAH to him to really motivate the young guys.

I wouldn't be totally against it. Although I did want him out when he was with the Vikes.

Tice was and is an excellent line coach but was not head coach material. With his experience as a head coach he just might be a college head coach. I don't know about jumping right in to the Gophers top position, lots of problems there.

Cant believe I'm saying this, but I think he would be a good coach for the U. He has alot of energy, good rap with the players, and would guess a better personality in a recruit's house over Mason. Plus I miss all those quotes from his interviews. I thought Chilly had better talent and a weeker schedule than Tice and Tice won 3 more games last year.

I too think tice would be a ideal college coach. He would probly need some help though with some experienced assistance coaches that know the college ins and outs. I'd be scared that he might get tempted to cheat though when recruiting remember that ticket incident with the vikes.

The first problem is he has no college degree. Anyone want to place bets on whether or not he could actually pass a semester of college? I think he would be great for recruiting though. He'd be hitting all the frat parties and strip clubs with the young recruits. Show them a real good time!

As you can probably tell, I'm not a big Tice fan. No way he should be a head coach at the college level, let alone the NFL level. High school or pee-wee maybe.

I think the other thing Tice might have going against him is the whole scalping ticket scandel that he had while with the Vikes. I'm not sure if too many universities would be willing to hire a head coach with a questionable past.

Quote:

The first problem is he has no college degree. Anyone want to place bets on whether or not he could actually pass a semester of college?

Get your degree!!! Set yourself free!!!!

National American University!!!