• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Otter ice houses

capmorgan

I just got Mediumn cabin, and it seems to be exactly what you are looking for. I see you are in St. Cloud, so I might have some good info for you if you didn't buy yet. email me at chris at boxmeyers d_ot com if you want.

Im probably leaning toward getting the Medium Cabin or Cottage. Whichever one fits in my pickup. Ill probably have to measure them collapsed. Magnum Lodge I think is too big for me. Can you have 2 seats in the Cottage? I get down to Owatonna once in a while, will have to stop in at Madison lake once.

I have the Otter Magnum and would consider nothing less for 2 people . Unless you don't mind getting cozy with your buddy. It is not much fun to load in the back of the truck by yourself .

I have an otter magnum and it is great for two but it is kind of a pain to load by yourself but do able. The medium might be a little tight for 2 but won't be too bad. With the square tubing frame though the magnum will NOT fit und an access cover on a truck as the house is 20" when collapsed. The mediums is the same height.

It fit under my Access cover just fine. I now have a topper, but when I had the cover there was no problems.

edit: I was incorrect about the Access cover after thinking about it more. My old Otter with the round tubing fit under the cover but I put a topper on my truck before getting the new Otter with square-tubing. The square-tubing requires a different bracket on the sled which increases the height of the Otter. My bad!

I have the otter magnum with the square tube design and it fits under my truxedo tanneau perfectly and that is with the travel cover on as well. I have a 2001 chevy full size 4x4 short box. I am unsure about an access brand though....maybe they dont have the room that the truxedo has. Iceman out>

Quote:

It fit under my Access cover just fine. I now have a topper, but when I had the cover there was no problems.

edit: I was incorrect about the Access cover after thinking about it more. My old Otter with the round tubing fit under the cover but I put a topper on my truck before getting the new Otter with square-tubing. The square-tubing requires a different bracket on the sled which increases the height of the Otter. My bad!

I was wondering if that is what you were talking about. I had the same issue my first otter was round tubes and it was prefect under then Access but with the Square it becomes a problem. I put a topper on mine in the winter now so it doesn't matter. But if we are taking a truck other than mine sometimes it becomes a issue.

I can get my med otter with square poles under my access on my 03 silverado. You do have to position it so the sport poles on the access hit the otter in just the right spots but it can be done. I also have they hyfax on the otter so that adds another half inch or so as well. It is definatley a tight fit though.