• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lost my hunting buddy

minnesota mac

This is a sad note just before christmas but, I woke up this morning and found my 5 year old brittany dead on the floor frown.gif. At this pont I am not sure which direction I want to go, started dog, puppy? I don't know if anybody knows of any good dogs out there or, somebody that has a puppy or, is going to have some puppys on the way from somebody that hunts, I mainly hunt pheasants and grouse. I am also thinking of going with maybe another pointing bread, not sure at this point. Thanks

Sorry to hear of your loss. It's always tough to lose one. If I may, I'd suggest getting back in the saddle with a new pup or started dog soon. It helps to ease the pain and gives you next season to look forward to. You may even see some of your old dog in your new dog.

Man, that is a tough loss. Sorry to hear about this. I have two brittanys and I can't imagine waking up one morning to that. Well, sounds like there are a few litters around so get after it. Good luck my friend.

Thanks for all the thoughts, and support. I am heading out to look at a dog today. I wish I had more time to look but with everything going on and work it is hard to make time. It has been very quite around here the last two days. Things will settle down in a couple of weeks and will be able to find something.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I would say if you are looking into another brittany I would look at Kentuck ike's pup's I got one from him that is a year and a half old and is the best dog I'e ever had, in the house and in the field.

The loss of a dog is always tough, but in prime age - really difficult.

Britts are great dogs. I would get a pup sooner than later. While you can never totally replace the one that is gone - the new dog and their constant desire to please and need for attention helps take away the pain.