• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for Trailer

dustin85

I have a tilt bed trailer (4x8). I wish I had a bigger trailer but I have not had a problem with the atv sliding backward once I am on it (it tilts forward once the weight is far enough forward so it really is never an issue). You do need to remember to put the pin before you drive away though (to keep it from tilting when you accelerate). I have forgotten to do that a couple of times.

I have an 8'6 by 10' from Newmans that I haul my two ATV's with, but it is a tilt. I bought ramps right after I bought it but haven't used them because I haven't had a problem loading them with it tilted. I do like the idea of a drive on trailer a little better but the ramps are more of a hassle than swinging the release in the front.

Off the subject, what does everyone use to secure their ATV's when they are on this type of trailer? I have been using straps in the front and back and that seems to tak more time than I want to spend getting them secured.

The biggest con of a tilt bed trailer is trying to load two machines by yourself. Get one up and the bed tips over making it hard to load the second...or get one up, only to have it slide back down when you try to get the second one on thus causing too much weight in back making it impossible to tilt.. or.... yup, I don't like my tilt bed all that much. Too much messing around for me. I'd buy a drive on/off in a heartbeat the second time around.

As far as what I use to secure the ATV's:

I put D-rings on the bed of the trailer.

2 on the front and 3 on the back. I'll take pics of it tomorrow if I have a chance and post the pics. It works awesome.

I hook up the winches to the front rings, and just use a cinch or ratchet strap on the backs of the ATV's.

As far as tilt beds and loading 2 ATVs:

Buy a ramp

I can load 2 ATV's by myself in less than a minute on my 8.5x10 tilt bed. I never tilt the bed. Lay the ramp on, drive one up, move the ramp over and drive up the other one. You won't be disappointed.