• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

07 Yamaha Grizzly 450

Early Riser

I need information for all you ATV experts here - I am looking at a 2007 Grizzly. It comes with 2 year warranty, winch for 5600.00. Does that sound like a pretty good price? I would appreciate anyones input on the quality of these machines as well. It will be used mostly for ice fishing/hunting/chores around our property.

its a good machine, 2007 is the first year with the power steering I believe? This feature could turn out to be sweet! It could also have some bugs.

I havent heard anything but good things about them so far though. Price sounds right too!

Quote:

My uncle has a 05 Kodiak 450, same basic machine with a new name, and he loves it. The only issue he has is that the brakes squeak. Other than that it's one tough machine.

My in-laws have the same machine as your uncle. I've put more miles on it than they have. It's gone through everything I've asked it to with no problems. The brakes also squeak at low speeds on theirs, which can get pretty irritating after a day of riding trails while "hunting" for grouse. Other than that it's a pretty decent machine.

Quote:

its a good machine, 2007 is the first year with the power steering I believe? This feature could turn out to be sweet! It could also have some bugs.

I havent heard anything but good things about them so far though. Price sounds right too!

Only the Grizzly 700 has the power steering.

The Grizzlies seem to be a pretty good machine from what I've read and heard. First year of power steering, like any new design or option can be risky. (We all remember the first year FL-18 chip problem) I also heard that the power steering has a lot of plastic parts in it. Like I said, that's what I've heard but sounds like a heck of a deal.

I have an '05 Kodiak 450 (same as Grizzly 450). Love it. Plenty of power, top speed of 55, nearly a foot of ground clearance. Nearly unstoppable w/ diff lock. Best auto tranny in any atv (Ultramatic). Search the internet for reviews of the '05 Kodiak - no one has anything bad to say about it.

I have an 03 Kodiak 450.. bulletproof. 2 sets of tires, I set of brake pads... lots of hard work and extreme terrain riding. Tons of power for the size.

No complaints, I will buy the same if I ever wear this one out.

BTW.. thats a great price. My 03' new I got at $5600 + whatever fee and tax they could put on it.. It was well over $6400 and that was a basic macine, no goodies.

I agree on the good price! The price on the machine is 5599.00 with a 2 year warranty. The winch will be an additional 70.00. That is pretty good considering it is a 400.00 unit. My salesman offered me a 06 Kodiak 450 for 5399.00. The O7's have upgraded tires - not sure if there are any other differences.

I picked up the 06 Kodiak this summer. 350 miles so far and I love it. The only down fall is the brakes like mentioned before. (The after market brakes will not squeak like these) But if you hold the brake lever down a little bit for a few seconds it will go away. Also when bird hunting I just use the front brake to avoid the whole problem. You will enjoy the machine, good ride, travel and power for a 450. It keeps up with the sportsman 500 up to about 45 then the 500 starts pulling away. It blows away the 400 cat. But the Artic cat does have 12 inches of clearance. The Yamaha is a smaller machine compared to the rest which is nice when going down narrow trails.

Enjoy your new toy!

I did pick it up and was able to put it through some use over the long weekend. The highlight was when I pulled a guy's suburban out of mudhole with the winch. We chained the wheeler to a tree and proceeded to get the job done with no problem. I really am happy with my purchase so far. The machine handled great in the woods getting back to deer stands, and had plenty of power for hauling firewood.

The machine is working out well. I had a chance to test the winch by pulling out a suburban from a mud hole on a logging road. We chained the wheeler to a tree and hooked up the cable to the rear of the sub, and proceeded to pull it right out. I thought, great I am going to break my winch or something else right off the bat - but when somebody needs help and there is nobody else around you have to try. Needless to say I, as well as the thankfull fellow hunter were impressed.

It was great for deer hunting this past weekend hauling out my two bucks. We then used the winch to raise and lower them from the meat pole.