• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

sled's back end slides around?

Bigbartguy

hi folks

I'm pretty uninformed when it comes to adjusting the suspension on a sled. My wife's MXZ's back end slides around alot whenever it's up to speed. The track also spins quite a bit when you step on it. I think there may be too much pressure on the skis? Anyone have any recommendations to remedy?

I have the owner's manual, but this problem isnt really described, so it doesnt tell me what to adjust - front spring preload, rear, etc etc. and I pretty much need it spelled out for me. Any help would be appreciated!

Tim

Tim,

My bro has a 00 mxz 700 and it had an issue like yours, turns out on his it was the hex bolt on the left side, right under the running board that attaches the track suspention to the tunnel, it was gone on his when the symptoms occured. not saying this is the cause, but thought it might be worth cheking.

Walleye and Minneman

thanks for the tips. I'm looking at both and see if I cant make it more rideable.

I'm holding off as long as I can on studding her track - I've never had a studded track before so I'm a little hesitant (not really sure why)

I've ridden a Formula III 700 and it does the same thing. Quite disappointing to ride when it fish tails all over the trail and track spins out of control. Track is good too.

I'd recommend a paddle track of 1.25" or more on those sleds. My friend did it to his MXZ and worked wonders.

I've got a paddle track on my Formula Z and it rides great. If the adjustments dont work, it's time to throw some studs on I think. New track is $$ for her riding it a couple of times a year

thanks folks

I actually like the back end of my sled a little loose but there is definitely a point where its "too" loose.

I think studs will do the job for you.

I've got studs on one of my sleds and they are nice. The back end stays planted and stays in a straight line as well, both accelerating & braking.

One other thing to look at is whether your ski's are aligned correctly. There should be a slight toe-in at the front of the ski. Too much or not enough of a toe and it will make the back feel loose. It should not have anything to do with the track spinning though.

Maybe others have a good suggestion on the amount of toe but use about 1/4" or a little less.

ccarlson

My MXZ has 144 studs on the back and 10" carbides up front and it feels like I'm riding on flypaper everytime I accelerate, brake, or take a corner. I will never go without either again. And the trick is to have the correct balance of both. Nothing feels more dangerouse than a loose sled.