• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

0w-40 oil

Ryan_V

Who uses this oil year round??? I was told that this is good for year round use. I currently use 20w-40 in the summer and 5w-30 in the winter in my 01 Big Bear. I don't want to hurt my atv by putting oil in it that isn't good for the season...let me know what you guys think. it would be good to get down to one oil change per year!! a little more $$, but worth it!!

thanks

I use 5W-30 in my 02 Grizzly 660 year round and was informed that this is a good all around choice. Now I really only use my machine in the fall and winter so 1 oil change is all I do. Sorry but I can not be of any help on the other oil viscosity.

I have used 0W-40 in my Polaris since it was new. (2002) No problems, and it gets used - a lot. Plowing, food plots, wood hauling, some farm duty, ice fishing, hunting in Colorado.

Great oil for cold weather starting.

I change it every fall.

well I guess I'm sold!!! unless there is anyone with something really negative, but I doubt it. I run amsoil in my tahoe, so this makes sense!!! thanks guys!! going to pick up the oil and filter on friday from my amsoil guy!!

Quote:

Where is the best place to buy 0-W40???

If you weren't aware, Fishing Minnesota is sponsored by the Oil Man, which handles Amsoil. He can answer questions about your application also. And, with a few clicks I believe the oil is shipped to your door; saving money from not driving around.

Find out more using the link below

The Amsoil Oil Man