• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wish me luck (I GOT THE JOB) *DELETED*

boxcar46

I enjoyed the same laugh as Bobb-o. I actually considered a forestry job in SD.

Good Luck with the interview. I actually don't own any commercial publications for disease identification. All of my literature comes from the company I worked for. I have yet to find a good book for tree disorders.

I really like the Scotts book for lawns, but I'll let you know if I find something worth mentioning.

My boss for St. Paukl had some really good books from his days at the U og M i will check with him to see what the title is, otherwise, i might be able to get you a copy of the Minnesota Tree Inspector's field manual if you would like. The manual isnt very in depth but it does have the basics for a lot of the more common diseases.

Interviews at 9:30 tomorrow morning. I probably won't hear until next week with the results. Thanks for all the support guys. bobb-o that would be great. Just let me know what you find out.

boxcar

Here's a research project for you.

I have in my home office several front pages from the newspaper where I worked in Iowa. On Monday, July 23, 1934, the banner across the top of the paper read, "DILLINGER KILLED BY U.S. MEN."

Down toward the middle of the page is a story:

Headline: "To Start Work on Huge Forest 100 Miles Wide"

WASHINGTON, July 31 (AP) — Secretary Wallace announced today that work would begin immediately on a $75,000,000 project to plant a forest shelter belt 100 miles wide extending from the Canadian border to Texas.

President Roosevelt, in an executive order signed July 11 and released today, allocated $15,000,000 of emergency funds to begin work.

The shelter belt, which will extend more than 1,000 miles through North Dakota, South Dakota ...

and that's where my page runs out.

I've looked at that story on such an eventful day and wondered what happened to the project because I know that there's no such forest.

Of course, that was in the peak of the Dust Bowl.

The 1930s must have been some time. Today's all-time record high in St. Cloud was 106º in 1931. The real business wasn't until 1934.

Boxcar, got your message a few days ago. Congratulations! Sorry I haven't called you back, I will try to do it in the next few days, provided I'm not out hunting grouse or getting the deer stands put out.

Chad