• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone else practice with long bombs?

Scoot

At our archery club we've got some targets set up at 60+ yards. I really enjoy launching practice arrows from "way downtown". Anyone else do this? When I step up to 20 yards after the long range work the short shots feel really easy to me. No intentions of shooting out to 60+ yards, but I think it makes me a better shot in the ranges where I will let 'em fly at a deer this fall.

Becoming accurate at 50+yards can be difficult in the beginning, but with a fast enough bow and the proper sights it makes sighting in the short distances that much easier. Also, shots taken at greater distances will show the inconsistancies in your form or tuning. Normally these thingsdon't show up well at 20 yds, but if you let an arrow fly and it is slighly off at 20, it will be way off at 50 and that is something to consider. Its all about fine tuning.

I think the biggest aspect of shooting at long ranges like that is you are forced to keep steady and firm. That alone is well worth going to that distance because then your form at the short ranges will be better as well. I wish I had that kind of distance to shoot from.

Steve