• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

City lights

Wow, Those are really nice FM. Anytime I see a photo and think "I'm gonna try that one day" then IMO it's very appealing, and that's what a good photograph does. I think you did a great job. The top one is just a tad soft, but a little USM will fix that. Congrats.

Thanks guys,

Tom I agree the first one is a little soft.I actually posted it for a possible teaching moment.It appeared a bit sharper out of the camera but seemed to lose some sharpness when I resized it and posted it here.Any suggestions?

Quote:

It appeared a bit sharper out of the camera but seemed to lose some sharpness when I resized it and posted it here.Any suggestions

How are you post processing your pics, what software program? I now use Photoshop Elements 4.0 and in the drop down menu I hit "save for web" and I "maximize" each good picture that I'm saving (thats located on the right side of that screen) then after your done doing that hit "OK" and it will direct you to where you want to save this picture, and you can figure that out and give it a name. Clear as mud?

I like the pics, it reminds me of when I lived uptown six years ago and worked in the 5th street towers (bldg with blue ring on it) and my wifes current office is on the far left side with the red on top (Piper Jaffray). Somedays I miss the action that I had downtown, running into alot of friends, happy hours at the Loon or Kierans... Cue the Bruce Springsteen... Glory days.... grin.gif

Those people in the office buildings need to remember to turn their lights off when they leave.

Also, check out those two bums fishing lighted slip bobbers (middle of the page under the lights)!

To all,I say thank you.

Buzz,thanks for the extra advice.I just let Internet Explorer resize them, then Imageshack resized them for 15" screens.It seemed alright for some previous posts of mine but I was somewhat disappointed with these.The only software I have at the moment is the Canon software that came with the 30D so I think this winter when I have the time I'll have to figure out my needs and pick a post processing software that fits them.I think you know from earlier posts of mine pp was the one thing I was not looking forward to when switching to digital but I understand I have to get with the times.

Rost,you must have good eyes.That lake is Lake Calhoun and it actually can be a great place to fish.20 years ago we used to go to that same part of the lake in the fall and catch 16"- 30" walleyes on slip bobbers or Rapala Original "Floating Minnows" wink.gif.

Those are great shots!

Since I am new here I am not sure if this has been posted before, but there is a freeware package called GIMP that does some nice photo imaging processing. It is very similar to Photoshop. It does not have all the "bells and whistles" like Photoshop but it is pretty good for the price. "free"