• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who else shot the fireworks???

wonderful images Tom!......I never made it to any fireworks displays this year....you certainly captured the night shots!....crisp clear ..and the colors are just like one was standing there watching!....the blue one's my favorite..jonny grin.gif

I tried for the first time this year. How long were your exposures? I tried several different shortest was 5 seconds and I had it set so it would be underexposed if their were no fireworks. I hope atleast one of mine turns out as good as yours.

Turn,

I shot everything using bulb exposure and a cable release, with the camera mounted on a tripod at the waters edge. Everything was manual. I used a mix of F8, F10, and F11 with my length of exposure being determined by what I saw (the amount of light contained with each burst). Dependent on the amount of light as each shell exploded, and the number of shells per shot, I would say that my exposure times were somewhere between 3 and 20 seconds each. Be sure and post some photos, I am interested in seeing what others were able to capture--I love fireworks. I'm guessing 5 seconds probably got you some good shots.

I shot mine with a tripod also. I was going to try bulb but I shot mine downtown (the Taste fireworks) so their was alot of extra light and I thought it may ruin the shot. I am sure mine wont look nearly as good as yours, too much clutter (people, cars, etc.) I just wanted to try it as I like night photography. Maybe next year Ill scout some better spots.

Nice pics Tom.

Here are a few I took while messing around with the digital camera at the fireworks in Albert Lea. They are a little shaky because I didn't use a tripod but I thought they turned out decent.

june060481bn.jpg

june060199be.jpg

june060335vj.jpg

june060315ic.jpg

june060205mz.jpg

Tom, Your pictures are amazing!

I just returned from Kansas, where two of my daughters had the pleasure of lighting tons of fireworks. I was playing with different settings on my camera while they were playing with sparklers. This is my oldest daughter having a little fun.

Kansas2006180a.jpg

Nice shots by all. Here are a few from our little display. I was too close to the fireworks to get the trails going up and the full burst, but you make the best of it. smirk.gif

80740769-L.jpg

80740807-L.jpg

80740792-L.jpg

80740815-L.jpg

80740831-L.jpg

80740759-L.jpg

Those were great shots Dbl. I agree 3 & 5 are very cool. Here are some I got in Mpls over the 4th.

fireworks1.jpg

fireworks2.jpg

fireworks3.jpg

I liked the last one, but I over-exposed the shot, but I like how the bridges turned out. If you look in the background on #3, you can see some other fireworks going off.

Rambis