• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Expandable broadheads

I have shot NAP Splitfire broadheads and liked them very much.The problem I ran into with these heads was once they were shot dirt would get into the slots where the blade would go back.I would have to let them sit in a tub of water to soak the dirt out.Is there a expandable that someone has used where the blades go back nice without alot of cleaning?

I think that's just the nature of the beast with expandables. I use Rocket Hammerheads for turkeys and have to clean out the blade slots after shooting them into foam targets. My deer heads are G5 Montecs so I don't have the groove cleaning issue with them. Great flight, even at 285 fps.

Thats the only problem with expandables that I have found..I wish they could find a way to make one without having to do all the extra cleaning of the blade slots.I thought someone may have developed a new one.

Yup, I have heard this a lot (because of pass through...not missing smile.gif ). Have you tried blowing them out with an air compressor? I have heard that is the only thing that really works. Good luck!

hey guys, im just starting to get into bow hunting, got an older bow givin to me and im trying to build it up a few pieces at a time (on a tight budgit) i was wondering if anybody has ever shot the cabelas brand lazer strike expandable? there pretty cheap at 17.99 per 3, just wondering if there good or if i should go with somthing else, im shooting easton gamegetter2's 2117 alum arrows, kind of a dummy at this bow hunting thing yet so any info would be great thanks

I've had very good luck with my fixed blade Thunderheads and they're in that same price range, six for $35. What I like is that you can then buy replacement blades for them. My rule is that once a broadhead gets shot into the ground (or a deer), I put new blades in. I want as sharp a blade as possible.

eyeguy, ive also been looking at the jackhammers, i read on a review of them that they have a 2nd o-ring slot closer to the tip of the broadhead where they suggested tieing it off with spyderwire fishing line or small copper wire that way u can use them for target practice and the blades wont open, then supposedly there still sharp when ur ready to hunt, have u ever heard of or tried this? if so hows it work?