• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How Big?

What would you guess the specs are on this baby. Caught in the Mississippi River backwaters near Wabasha.

This is an honest question as I don't have any measurements or weight. I'm not an experienced bass guru, so I'm not the greatest at guessing specs on largies. Please help.

The fish is held out about 1/2 - 3/4 an arm extension from my body. I'm 6'1"

My PB is 18.5"... Do I have a new Personal Best?

ty_largie1.jpg

ty_largie2.jpg

There may be some here who will guess, but guessing's all it will be. If you put your hand in the identical position it is in the photo and measure its length from a certain point to a certain end point and then post that measurement, that will allow a very close length estimate. Your hand is the only thing measurable other than the fish that's in the same focal plane and hence the same proportions as the bass.

You could measure the distance from your knuckle to the first digit of your pointer finger in the picture then see how many it takes to span the length of the bass. Then measure that distance on your hand and multiply that by the number of knuckle to digits it took to span thw bass in the picture.

I am not sure if it will give you a very accurate mearsurement, but it seems to sound good in theory.