• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bow question

koonie

I'm just getting into the archery thing and I was hoping to get some opinions on these bows. Reflex, Bowtech, and Bear. I'm getting a free bow and I have to choose one of these models. Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated. Any smart remarks would be understandable. smile.gif

Ive heard great things about bowtech, I know they are super fast. But once again, its all a matter of what you like, I think everyone on this forum would agree that you should shoot them until you feel that you like one more. Thats what I did when I bought mine. Good Luck.

Koonie:

I would suggest shooting them all and go with the one you like best...no matter what anyone on this forum tells ya....you are going to be able to tell which one works best for ya. With that being said, I have never shot a Reflex or Bear BUT I have had the chance to shoot a few Bowtechs. They are smooth and SMOKING fast. I really like them...think they are worth a look.

Good luck in your search.

All the above stated bows are very good bows. I would suggest you go into the proshop and shoot them and see what feels best for you. That is why there are so many different bows... each person thinks one feels better to them than the other, and everybody is right!

I would put them in order like this.. Bowtech, Reflex, Bear... in that order. But again.. shoot them, and take notes right after you shoot them. So that you can look at your notes to see what you liked and didn't like about each bow. Too many people try and do it with just memory.

Bowtech is a very good brand. My buddy has 2 and I'm always scheeming to shoot one of his bows when we go shooting. He has an 04 LIberty and an 05 Tomkat. The Tomkat is better for beginners.

Reflex is kinda like the generic line of Hoyt. Bowtech has DIamond bows, HOyt has Reflex. They are also very nice bows. I've never shot one but I would consider them when I look into a new bow.

Bear, the only thing I know about Bear is that they are no longer "Fred Bear" bows. They were bought out by a different company and they kept the name because of its heritage and recognition. IMO I've heard their quality isn't what it used to be.

Koonie, like they said try shooting them all. I would look for the one that has minimal bow shock, draws smoothest, and most quiet. The speed of an arrow doesn't impress me much.... Quietness, deers won't know what's coming if they can't hear it.