• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV Trailer

hoggs222

I have one of those 4X6 trailers. I works great if all you want to do is haul your ATV. But you can pretty much forget about getting anything else in there with it. I have to strap the portable fish house onto the ATV rack sideways and its pretty tough to manage that alone. I'd look for something a little bigger if your situation calls for trasporting anything besides the wheeler. Good luck!

I sure do like my 5x8 Built Rite. (Made in Bovey, MN) Way more than you need to haul the wheeler, but the 14"wheels and 5,000 GVW make it quite versatile. And of course it isn't the cheapest on the market at $1100.00, but I feel it was worth every dollar.

Hoggs -

I bought a 5x8 a couple of years ago at a place called Trailer Mart, in Royalton, MN..picked it up for $599. It's got a heavy duty steel frame, treated 2x6's in the floor,and has 15" wheels, which I wanted. They are available with and without ramps.. I bought without and my father-in-law built the ramp for me.

I bought one of the 4+ x 8 trailers at home depot. The railer converts to 4x12 if you put the front and tail gates in the flatbed position. It tilts, and the tongue can be short or long. It has a 3500 lb capacity. It will haul 2 atv's in the flatbed position. It was around $800 and I am very pleased with it. It might be more than you want to spend, but it makes it extremely easy for one person to load and unload.. not to mention it will haul about anything you can fit in it when needed.

Go with a Triton aluminum trailer. The steel ones will look good for about 3 years, then they'll be a big pile of rust, if you use them alot in the winter. The paint jobs never seem to last. I bought a single place Triton for my sled and/or wheeler, with the tilt bed. It works great and it's very light, I attach it to my wheeler and haul other guys and portables on the trailer. It will probably outlast any steel trailer. I paid about $700.

Mine came from Home Depot. The model is a Snow Bear. Actually think that is the name of the manufacturer. It's 5 X 8 with sides all around. Capacity is 1,500 pounds, so it is plenty strong. Hauls very straight and gives the Quad a nice smoth ride. End gate drops down to form a ramp, but I prefer to use the seperate ramps. Quite easy to remove the tailgate. It is light enough to haul behind the Quad, hauling gear and people. Since I can't haul my buddy on the ATV, I put a good solid lawn chair in the trailer. Works great.

Thanks all I'm looking to purchase a new trailer and ATV for guiding next winter. I am going to get ski's for the tires to roll on, for a smoother ride on the lake. I can have several people ride on the trailer and bounce them off.

I have the 5x8 from Northern Tool and its been a great trailer. Has the fold down rear mesh ramp with wood floor. I think I paid around $500 for it about 5 yrs ago. Picked up a Newmans Tredbed sideloader this spring to haul both of mine but I use the single for ice fishing every week.

I had a 5X8 tilt utility trailer made with 2500 axle for $715. I use it for my snowmobile and it works great. I called a local welding place here, and was build in 3 days and is bullet proof. Then you can build it any dimension you want.