• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Unbelievable odds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (2 photos)

Quote:

Sky Carp!!!
grin.gif

Interesting,

Corey Bechtold

No no no Corey, them are Canada Geese, they are not Cormorants! Cormorants is what ya call sky carp! Tom, I guess they must have been banded as a family unit and they are still all together. Odds are you'll never see that again. Have a good one and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

my hunting partner and myself both shot our first banded geese last year. 2 geese came in, both with bands. when we received the information on the bands, they were both from illinois, banded on the same date, from the same flock, 3 years prior. and if i remember correctly, the numbers weren't very far off. last digit by 1 or 2 numbers. ahhhhhh memories.........loc9

Had a flock fly over this past weekend that looked like that 4 of us shot 4 geese all of which were banded. We could have shot more, but after 4 we were at our 8 bird limit. I don't think I'll ever be a part of something like that again.