• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The most Beautiful yet! (photos)

WOW--thank you all so much for the replies and the feedback. It appears that I may have to re-instate my HSOforum. I'm glad that everyone likes them. I would still like to get feedback on them, so please let me know if you download one of these photos.

Thank you,

Tom W

#1 is now my desktop background and they are all in my folder for my screen saver. AWESOME pictures but,,, did ya get any ducks for the table? The sunrise photos always make me think about my dad... I sure did miss him this year! People probably think that I am crazy but I drive out to the cemetary a lot to sit with dad and watch the sunrises. Thanks Tom for sharing, your sunrise pictures really do "speak to me". If you have any pictures of wood ducks that would be cool to... That is what I have at dad's stone now, a wood duck decoy. We used to hunt them a lot. Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Jimbo,

First and foremost, I am sorry for the loss of you're father, enjoy every single one of those memories and hold them near to your heart.

You know there are some things that happen in a persons life that somehow change them and these things mold us and shape us into who we are. There are also things that we read or we hear that encourage us, give us hope, or value in any number of ways. I have recieved many compliments about my photos in the past, but this was by and large the most meaningful--I don't even really know what to say other than thank you. Jim, I have spent the last 9 years of my life trying to do this and making it my goal to make something of it bigger than what it is now. You just gave that to me. Knowing that those photos mean something more to you than "nature"...

I don't even know what to say now...

I know this sounds cliche , but I mean it, You have just given me some inspiration that I was in serious need of. It is very easy for a person to become discouraged in this game.

Also, I don't have much for Woodies on film, but I will, and I'll do it because I know you need them. They won't be back until spring, but I promise you sir--I'll get them for you. Again I am sorry for the loss of your Dad, but hey, he could be holed up in a quiet little creek running smack dab through the middle of Heaven shooting at every Woodie flying by and there's no limit.

Thanks,

Jimbo

P.S. I did get a lot of ducks this year--it was my best year in a while. I ended (since I can't hunt tomorrow) with 17 geese and over 40 ducks for the season. Could have done better on ducks, but then I tend to grab the camera now more than the gun.

And until Tom can get out next April or May and with his talent track down those exquisite drakes in all their glory and capture them on Fujichrome Velvia or Nikon pixels, here is a simple image from the Portage River near Ely from this summer. Next fall's wood ducks moseying along.

Good hunting, Jimbo. Memories of the hunt and memories of family on the hunt are the best of them.

woodduckfamily.jpg

Tom

Thank You for sharing your photos with all of us!

I am not very good with a camera myself. I do however really enjoy your post on here.

You are making me want to pick up the camera instead of the gun with your work. Maybe next year.

I did take image number one as my wall paper here at work. It was hard to decide between that and number 3.

Again, Thanks for your posts and please continue to share your work with us.

Todd cool.gif

Quote:

Jimbo,

First and foremost, I am sorry for the loss of you're father, enjoy every single one of those memories and hold them near to your heart.

You know there are some things that happen in a persons life that somehow change them and these things mold us and shape us into who we are. There are also things that we read or we hear that encourage us, give us hope, or value in any number of ways. I have recieved many compliments about my photos in the past, but this was by and large the most meaningful--I don't even really know what to say other than thank you. Jim, I have spent the last 9 years of my life trying to do this and making it my goal to make something of it bigger than what it is now. You just gave that to me. Knowing that those photos mean something more to you than "nature"...

I don't even know what to say now...

I know this sounds cliche , but I mean it, You have just given me some inspiration that I was in serious need of. It is very easy for a person to become discouraged in this game.

You are very welcome Tom. If you are inspired to take more pictures then I am sure that we will be the ones thanking you in the future!

I also sent ya an email. Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Quote:

And until Tom can get out next April or May and with his talent track down those exquisite drakes in all their glory and capture them on Fujichrome Velvia or Nikon pixels, here is a simple image from the Portage River near Ely from this summer. Next fall's wood ducks moseying along.

Good hunting, Jimbo. Memories of the hunt and memories of family on the hunt are the best of them.

Thanks Steve... Great picture of Mama and the lil ones... Looks good to me! Thanks for your kind words and thoughts and thanks for sharing././Jimbo