• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall color

We've been having a lot of fun posting pics on the birdwatching board.

Here are a few of fall color. Early for that? Not up here. There was frost in some places this morning, and we've got some early fall color going on among the drought-stressed maples and aspen. Ferns have burned up, dogbane's turned bright yellow, and you can see it coming.

Here's some of last year's work. Couple standard "landscapes" of fall color followed by close-up work. I've kept them all fairly small so they'll load fast and won't be bigger than the screen on everyone's monitors.

I especially like close work because looking inward can say more of what you're trying to say than looking outward. Plus, if it's a windy day you can successfully capture images at slow shutter speeds on the forest floor, where the wind ain't. cool.gif

Rookie Pond, Fernberg Road near Ely

rookiepond.jpg

Blackstone Lake Trail, near Ely

aspenspines.jpg

Little Indian Sioux River, Echo Trail (polarizer made color leap out and darkened background)

maplebalsam.jpg

Salsify and maples, burned over logging cut, Echo Trail

387d3458.jpg

Little Indian Sioux River (eight-second exposure, tripod and polarizer)

maplewater2.jpg

Dew on bigtooth aspen, Secret Lake Trail

bigtooth.jpg

caterpillar on maple leaf, Echo Trail

maplecatterpillar.jpg

Jonny,

Again man, absolutely awesome... Another subject that I don't have a lot of as far as what most people would think of for fall color, but here's a couple including some hunt pics that kind of fit the bill...

dsc00506ty.jpg

dsc00172dj.jpg

dsc00741sy.jpg

dsc00981sz.jpg

and this one was a custom shot that I did for walleynutz last year as he wanted a shot of him and his dog that was suitable for framing and hanging on the wall.

dsc0032adj6mg.jpg

Went for a walk this morning and amazed how much the woods is changing just from last weekend!...maples are really starting to turn....ferns are "yellowing"....forest is taking on the "glow of fall"...here's a few pics of this years early fall change...jonny

first few red maples:

DSCF3272-1copy.jpg

"death angels"..amanita's(eat those crystals like salt,you'll be in la la land.lol!)

fly-agaricamanita.jpg

"golden ferns"

DSCF3288-1fallgoldenferns.jpg

and a cherry-faced meadowhawk dragon fly..these guys are tough,fly right up to frost!

DSCF3293-1copy.jpg

Quote:

Cheryl - I love the goose & ducks! That one brought a huge smile to my face. Where was that picture taken? And where is Mineral Springs Park?

Hi Blaze, glad you like the goose and ducks. I've won a couple of photo competitions with that shot. It was taken at Morehouse Dam in Owatonna, which is where Mineral Springs Park is, too.

Cheers

Cheryl P.